Truly is the Ultimate Driving Machine
By David N on
1995 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan
I bought this car in 1999 with 95,000 miles on it. From commuting back and forth from school I have racked up 240,000 miles on the car. Since then the only real problems I have ever had with it was thermostat, rear shocks (from lowering the car), left rear wheel bearing, and the fuel pump. These are basically all wear and tear parts. I owned a 1985 BMW 325e and it had over 250,000 miles on it. I got into a wreck with it and the officers pulled the badges off the car, gave it to me and said,"This car saved your life. If you were in any other car you would have been seriously hurt or dead." I upgraded BMWs to the 1995 so far this car has served me well. 240k with no eng/trans problems.
Favorite Features
The styling of the car is what instantly strikes you. It is 2005 now and I still get compliments on how the car looks. The styling is absolutely timeless. The car handles like a dream, has power on demand, many different upgrades for different tastes, and has a bullet-proof engine.
Suggested Improvements
Everything on this car is easy accessible. When I changed my fuel pump all I had to do was remove the seat, screw the old one out, and screw the new one back in. Whereas my cousin had to take off his fuel tank, cut a hole in it, and replace it from the inside. 350 dollars... BMW I would change nada.