1995 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Rock Solid German Tank. Slow T

1995 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

318is Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Rock Solid German Tank. Slow Tank.
By Sauber E36 on

1995 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

To pay off a handful of loans I sold my previous motor, an 03 RSX tip tronic for the E36 coupe I've always eyed since my youth. Not disappointed in the least bit. Even with a 15 year old suspension, drivetrain, etc, it behaves in a more composed and solid manner than all the newer Honda's our family has owned. It lacks some in acceleration but makes up for that fully in its timeless, class act looks. Interior still looks new. After a careful detail (wash, wax, wheel clean, etc.) it still gets compliments from folks in vehicles valued 5 times what the 318 is worth. It is a gas sipper, and fitted with "M" packaged wheels and a wax job it still looks Boss Euro. Purchase 1 with records!

Favorite Features

Ergonomically fit. The interior though austere to some, makes sense. German no-nonsense at its best. De-void of silly I-drive, and idiotic fake brushed aluminum trim. Classic.

Suggested Improvements

Fog lights crack easily. You WILL replace rear shock mounts if not already done. Weak factory speakers in any condition which @ this age need replacement anyhow.