1995 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Too Expensive to keep long term
By how many times! on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Have owned my 325I sedan since it had 25,000 miles. Until this car hit 100,000 miles it was great both in terms of reliability and cost of upkeep. When we reached 100,000 however, that all changed. This thing is in the shop every month for something or another now: 2 fuel pumps, water pump, brakes at $500 per change, 4 sets of tires, o2 sensors, front struts, rear shocks, and tonight - just two days after the fuel pump repair - the "check engine" light comes on. In 2003 I spent $375.00 per month in just the repair costs of keeping this thing on the road. In 2004 that cost has reached $575.00 per month through July.

$$$ Repairs $$$
By itzed on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

This was the best car I've ever driven and the worst investment I ever made. I had a love/hate relationship with this car because I loved the way it drove and hated the constant money I spent on repairs. And the repairs were weird stuff that I've never had happen on any car I've owned before: Brake calipers; ignition switch; door locks; window motor; auxiliary (electric) fan; etc... The list goes on and on, and everything seemed to cost about $500.00 to repair - not cheap. At the same time, I got the feeling that the engine, 5-speed tranny, & most normal wear and tear items would have lasted forever. It was well designed & a blast to drive, but...

My Dream Car & Best Car I Ever Owned!!!
By LB Hunter on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1995 and have kept it (so far) for 9 years. I have had NO problems with this car and have kept up the requiered maintenance, tune-ups, etc. It has been a great car to own and has had nothing out of the ordinary (based on mileage) go wrong or need repair. It is VERY comfortable to drive (I have a bad back so comfortable seats are very important to me). It drives like a dream and has always been so fun to drive - nothing drives quite like a beemer! I would recommmend this car and BMW's in general to anyone - they are great and mine has required very little maintenance over the years. I love my little red driving machine!

Two Thumbs Up
By LB1 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

This is an incredibly fun car to drive and has had practically no mechanical problems in the 6 years I've owned it. Tight handling, good gas mileage and sportier than many others in it's class. Rear-wheel drive has never been a problem in the snow-belt due to the All-Season-Traction and investing in Blizzak snow tires in the winter. The dash board "oil change light" are great and on average I've only needed an oil change every 10,000 miles! Over all, it's been my favorite car I've owned!

The Ultimate Convertible
By RockonRocko on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

I have owned this car for 4 years and it has been very reliable. 4 seats in this convertible makes this guilty pleasure convenient too. I have the sport option which offers 16" wheels, lower/stiffer suspension and power sport seats. 5 speed transmission is extremely smooth. Great car!

'95 325i
By Joe Kuilema on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

The stock sport package is terrific when you think you've hit the limits, you crank the wheel that extra bit and really carve up even the tightest bits. The engine lacks the low end grunt of the 328, but makes up on the high end. I spend over 50% of the time on road above 4000 rpm where it becomes surprisingly responsive for a 2.5 liter in a 3k lb car. I know for a fact the car can hit 60 in 2 gear well under the stock spec of 7.8. The brakes are able to stop from upwards of 100 with minimal to zero fade. This is a great car and can give you years of fantastic driving if you can spend several hundred a year in maintaining it.

Love my car!
By wturner1971 on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with just over 50,000 miles. I have since added 80,000 more with no major problems. Never left me stranded! Very peppy. My husband has had it up to 120 mph and says it was still a smooth ride - I don't recommend trying this, though! Fun to drive, still looks new!

1995 BMW 325is
By busy3 on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

This car has been a pleasure to drive since day one. The 5 speed transmission shifts with effortless motions, and the suspension handles the road with extreme confidence. My 325is has 142,000 miles and it doesn't consume one drop of oil. These cars are very fun to drive but can be somewhat costly to maintain in optimal condition, however if you are a DIY'er it can cost far less to operate than when paying dealer fees to perform basic routine preventative maintanance. Overall I think this car is an excellent choice for those who need to drive a lot of miles and don't need very much room in the process.

Good solid car
By Steve M on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Bought the car from friends. High milage did not bother me as they commuted 120 miles per day. Maint. has been good. My only complaint is lack of space in foot well.

One of the Best
By mdc973 on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

They don't make them like this any more. Still has that all important feel of the road missing from newer models. Not super powerful off the line but still plenty of power to drive safely in virtually all circumstances. At higher speeds can compete with just about anything on the road. Not one of the best body styles. BMW owner for >25 years.