1995 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Best Car I've Ever Owned
By mikehd on 07/22/06 09:10 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

We ordered our 325i to our specs and have put every mile on it since new. In the 11 years of ownership, the reliability has been outstanding. Regular oil changes at 9K miles or so with high quality synthetic oil and she still doesn't use oil between changes. We replaced the sport package shocks/struts & springs with Bilstein Sport shocks/struts and H&R Sport springs, which lowered the car a bit more. This is the agressive stance that the factory sport package should have provided.

'95 318IS
By Ken O on 11/24/05 22:48 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318i 2dr Convertible

Purchased this car with 19000 miles on the clock. Have meticulously maintained since. Only significant repair was replacement of the ball joints around 100K. Other than that, only routine maintenance, brakes, tires, tune-ups and fluid changes (I switched to all synthetic). Exterior still looks like new. Plan to keep the car until she reaches 150K

A Bimmer for any season.
By Sid on 09/12/05 01:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Have owned this one for over 9 years - 325is 5spd with the legendary M techinc suspension. The only odd repair has been a radiator leak needing a new one. All else is simple maintenance of fluids and the odd brake pads. Have over 185,000Km on it and it still behaves new. Give us hill, curving roads and watch the generics fall aprart in your rear view mirror. Impeccable handing. Put on snow tires and run cirlces around any SUV. You will save enough on gas to put your kids through an Ivy league!!

1995 325i Bimmer Sedan from Japan
By Islandreamer on 07/19/05 10:32 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Bought this U.S. Spec bimmer from a Japanese dealership with only 42,200 miles on it. The front facia having its masculine and aggresive looks is probably the best stock design worth upgrading to race track standards. Powerplant performance is phenominal specially with add ons. Drivetrain configuration is what you'd expect from high performance cars. Seems like the sheet metal was made to withstand an RPG blast. Interior design is acceptable. Leather seats are nice and firm. Overall, this car is worth keeping and I plan to keep her as long as I can. Although maintenance can get expensive but then again this car was not called "The Ultimate Driving Machine" if it meant cheap maintenance (:-)

Best BMW below $5000!
By Murtaza Agha on 06/03/05 18:48 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

This is truly the best BMW that money can buy for less then $5000! I bought this car as a project car, the engine was perfect, body was straight and that's why i bought it. I've had it for about 5000 miles now and everything seems to be great. This car now has a BMW m3 body kit with a JL Audio sound system, its a show car aswell as a Daily Driver! Love it! Good Job BMW!

This is the worse car I have ever owned
By mimi on 04/05/05 17:15 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

Bought this coming off of lease and have spend major $$$ from day one. Everything from steering to air conditioning problems. I have needed new brake pads almost annually and there is a strange loud noise while driving. Most of my problems started on day one but got continually worse as 100K miles.

Truly is the Ultimate Driving Machine
By David N on 03/02/05 22:16 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1999 with 95,000 miles on it. From commuting back and forth from school I have racked up 240,000 miles on the car. Since then the only real problems I have ever had with it was thermostat, rear shocks (from lowering the car), left rear wheel bearing, and the fuel pump. These are basically all wear and tear parts. I owned a 1985 BMW 325e and it had over 250,000 miles on it. I got into a wreck with it and the officers pulled the badges off the car, gave it to me and said,"This car saved your life. If you were in any other car you would have been seriously hurt or dead." I upgraded BMWs to the 1995 so far this car has served me well. 240k with no eng/trans problems.

Just a great ride!
By Zachary on 02/18/05 17:20 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car from a friend and used it as my runner car. I find myself driving it more than my other car. It has a feel of quality and ride that just makes it fun to drive again. I haven't had any problems to speak of except I broke the windshield wiper. It was may fault. Great car for the price.

318's are very reliable
By Rico C on 02/12/05 00:28 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

95 318i sport package. I was lucky. I was owner #2 and the first owner by coincidence lived in the same city as me and took excellent care of the car. I bought it from a used car dealer with 78,000+ mi in 02/2003. I now have about 117000 mi on it and have had 0 problems. I replaced the original alternator, batt. and belts at 100K mi, but everything else (brakes, timing chain, etc. are still in good condition after 10 years). Replaced the belts myself actually. I found a remarkable performance boost after switching to Castrol Syntec 15W-50--instead of Mobil 1. I love this car and when/if I get another car it will be a 3-series.

sweet ride
By zip on 12/30/04 00:17 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

This car met all my expectations. It's fun to drive (except in rain and snow - it sucks), has enough power and great mileage. I get comments on it all the time. The manual is a must for this little car. Its very spacious for a hatchback, and it handles great, especially at high speeds. The interior is a little cheap, a few cosmetic issues but who cares, its all about the driving.