Used 1995 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Rock Solid German Tank. Slow Tank.
By Sauber E36

1995 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

To pay off a handful of loans I sold my previous motor, an 03 RSX tip tronic for the E36 coupe I've always eyed since my youth. Not disappointed in the least bit. Even with a 15 year old suspension, drivetrain, etc, it behaves in a more composed and solid manner than all the newer Honda's our family has owned. It lacks some in acceleration but makes up for that fully in its timeless, class act looks. Interior still looks new. After a careful detail (wash, wax, wheel clean, etc.) it still gets compliments from folks in vehicles valued 5 times what the 318 is worth. It is a gas sipper, and fitted with "M" packaged wheels and a wax job it still looks Boss Euro. Purchase 1 with records!

Ergonomically fit. The interior though austere to some, makes sense. German no-nonsense at its best. De-void of silly I-drive, and idiotic fake brushed aluminum trim. Classic.

Fog lights crack easily. You WILL replace rear shock mounts if not already done. Weak factory speakers in any condition which @ this age need replacement anyhow.

Buy one
By King Krafty

1995 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

Bought mine with 120k on it. Needed tires and belts. Still driving with 151k on it. No probs. - everything works and works well. No rust in Ohio which is rare and all equipment still works. Turns heads and no one can tell it's a 1995 except for older tail lights. Got it at a Ford dealer for $3000 three years ago (2005). Fun to drive with good gas mileage to boot! Rare to find one, but all sources tell me it will run until 350k miles.

large power moonroof, low profile tires, quality leather seats and trim, sleek styling

blower fan for A/C and heat does not circulate enough air

1995 BMW 318i Sedan 5spd review
By Rick

1995 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

144,000k and still runs strong and tight. This is a car that makes driving fun again. It's 14yrs old and rides better than some domestic brands that are only a few yrs old! The 5spd manual is smooth and crisp, the suspension lets you know what's going on and BMW must under-rate their horsepower ratings because I have blown away many V6's with my M42 engine. I run exclusively 5w30 Royal Purple and SHELL V-Power Gasoline. I also updated the factory plastic headlamps with a set of EURO 4300k HID Depo Glass Headlamps with angel eyes. Now I can finally see at night!

Orange back lit dash, seats that fit like a glove, the vault like feeling when driving, the low rumble exhaust note when it's idling, the on center feel of the steering, the positive feel of the door handles and switches inside the cabin, and just the way it drives, solid and tight.

To add a higher 5th gear so its not a 1/1 ratio. When cruising @ 70mph in 5th your rpms hover around 3200rpms. I'd like to see it hover in the 2500rpm or less range.

I will never buy another model year!
By Mark Johnston

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

Bought my baby with 75k on her. She appeared to be in super shape for the $8500 I was paying. I was wrong, it was in awesome condition and I have never looked back once! All I do is change the oil, wash it weekly, wax it monthly and it keeps a smile on my face every time I turn the key! Do yourself a favor and buy the automatic option (if you can find one you like under 100k miles), its worth it and the stick does nothing for me!

All of it especially my hard top in the winter

Oldie but goodie
By 70dave

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for my daughter as birthday present. We have been typically domestic car buyers,t his is our first BMW. WOW! After driving it my wife said,"if she doesn't want it, can I have it!" The car had 150,000 miles on it and is is good condition considering its age. Everything works and had new struts installed by previous owner. I have to "test drive it" frequently to make sure everything still works,when I really just enjoy driving it. Am thinking about purchasing another for my wife to drive.

Handling is great, I don't worry about my daughter entering curve too fast, brakes great. Easy to service, done it all myself so far, decent mileage, timeless styling.

Since the car is 14 yrs old, if they haven't fixed it by now it probably wasn't broken.