1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
This BMW lives up to the hype
By grmmjhnsn2 on 10/19/13 13:10 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

This car is great to drive, lets make that one clear. It's just powerful enough to snap your neck back, but not so much so that it gets you noticed. It's handling is amazing, acceleration robust, and braking solid. If you love to drive this is your car. I take it out multiple times a week on local hilly and curvy roads and it eats them up. What they say about its maintenance costs are true - if you decide to make the plunge you better have spare cash. I bought mine with 130k for $4k and have dumped in 6k, EASILY over the past six months. If you're looking for a commuter car that just happens to be fun look elsewhere. This car is for those who want the rush and are willing to pay for it.

After 15 years - still a great car
By Joe M. on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I received the car in high school from my dad with 56,000 miles on it. I wish I would have taken care of it better while I was in high school because this car would have lasted another 100,000 miles. The car has 178,000 miles on it now and I need new tires, but I am going to upgrade to a newer 2004 BMW 330xi. I love this car because it is fun to drive and has classic looks to it. Still till this day I love looking at the car - it is beautiful.

Good investment
By A.,S.Mathew on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 105,000 miles, now it has 248,000 miles. It gave me some minor problems like key (spent $ 600) to fix that at the dealer), gasket leak (but fixed by a private mechanic). The cost of repairing BMW is too much, hut the fun of driving is always great. Even after driving 8 years, it drives like the same.

14 years old goin' on 20
By r_thiebaud on 11/21/09 07:58 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

This car has been and still is absolutely reliable! The last thousand miles averaged 24.3 MPG. My 1991 750iL averages 9.2 MPG - a bit crippling with today's fuel price.

Oldie but goodie
By 70dave on 08/17/08 21:32 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for my daughter as birthday present. We have been typically domestic car buyers,t his is our first BMW. WOW! After driving it my wife said,"if she doesn't want it, can I have it!" The car had 150,000 miles on it and is is good condition considering its age. Everything works and had new struts installed by previous owner. I have to "test drive it" frequently to make sure everything still works,when I really just enjoy driving it. Am thinking about purchasing another for my wife to drive.

Excellent Car
By Rich on 09/27/07 12:33 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I have been absolutely astonished to find how much I have loved this car, and what a reliable car it is, 12 years later. I am a bit scared of the cost of a repair when something goes, but I see no reason why anything should anytime soon.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By mikehd on 07/22/06 09:10 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

We ordered our 325i to our specs and have put every mile on it since new. In the 11 years of ownership, the reliability has been outstanding. Regular oil changes at 9K miles or so with high quality synthetic oil and she still doesn't use oil between changes. We replaced the sport package shocks/struts & springs with Bilstein Sport shocks/struts and H&R Sport springs, which lowered the car a bit more. This is the agressive stance that the factory sport package should have provided.

A Bimmer for any season.
By Sid on 09/12/05 01:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

Have owned this one for over 9 years - 325is 5spd with the legendary M techinc suspension. The only odd repair has been a radiator leak needing a new one. All else is simple maintenance of fluids and the odd brake pads. Have over 185,000Km on it and it still behaves new. Give us hill, curving roads and watch the generics fall aprart in your rear view mirror. Impeccable handing. Put on snow tires and run cirlces around any SUV. You will save enough on gas to put your kids through an Ivy league!!

1995 325i Bimmer Sedan from Japan
By Islandreamer on 07/19/05 10:32 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

Bought this U.S. Spec bimmer from a Japanese dealership with only 42,200 miles on it. The front facia having its masculine and aggresive looks is probably the best stock design worth upgrading to race track standards. Powerplant performance is phenominal specially with add ons. Drivetrain configuration is what you'd expect from high performance cars. Seems like the sheet metal was made to withstand an RPG blast. Interior design is acceptable. Leather seats are nice and firm. Overall, this car is worth keeping and I plan to keep her as long as I can. Although maintenance can get expensive but then again this car was not called "The Ultimate Driving Machine" if it meant cheap maintenance (:-)

Truly is the Ultimate Driving Machine
By David N on 03/02/05 22:16 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1999 with 95,000 miles on it. From commuting back and forth from school I have racked up 240,000 miles on the car. Since then the only real problems I have ever had with it was thermostat, rear shocks (from lowering the car), left rear wheel bearing, and the fuel pump. These are basically all wear and tear parts. I owned a 1985 BMW 325e and it had over 250,000 miles on it. I got into a wreck with it and the officers pulled the badges off the car, gave it to me and said,"This car saved your life. If you were in any other car you would have been seriously hurt or dead." I upgraded BMWs to the 1995 so far this car has served me well. 240k with no eng/trans problems.