1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
This BMW lives up to the hype
By grmmjhnsn2 on 10/19/13 13:10 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

This car is great to drive, lets make that one clear. It's just powerful enough to snap your neck back, but not so much so that it gets you noticed. It's handling is amazing, acceleration robust, and braking solid. If you love to drive this is your car. I take it out multiple times a week on local hilly and curvy roads and it eats them up. What they say about its maintenance costs are true - if you decide to make the plunge you better have spare cash. I bought mine with 130k for $4k and have dumped in 6k, EASILY over the past six months. If you're looking for a commuter car that just happens to be fun look elsewhere. This car is for those who want the rush and are willing to pay for it.

Snookered by the ads
By frankzen on 12/13/10 05:36 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 318i 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1995 318i in 2005 with 165,000 km (about 102,000 miles) on it - it now has 217000km (about 135000 miles) on it. It also has rusted out rockers and right rear fender, cracked windshield, the cluster (mph,tach etc) no longer works, lower control arms are shot, struts shot, won't idle, and the drivers seat (it's cloth) is worn out. I have replaced the alternator, starter, O2 sensors 3 times, MAF (twice) and innumerable other smaller items for a total repair bill of about $3000 I paid $5000 for the car in 2005...it's now worth about $500. BMWs are fine...if you're willing to spend upwards of $1500 a year on repair and maintenance.

After 15 years - still a great car
By Joe M. on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I received the car in high school from my dad with 56,000 miles on it. I wish I would have taken care of it better while I was in high school because this car would have lasted another 100,000 miles. The car has 178,000 miles on it now and I need new tires, but I am going to upgrade to a newer 2004 BMW 330xi. I love this car because it is fun to drive and has classic looks to it. Still till this day I love looking at the car - it is beautiful.

Good investment
By A.,S.Mathew on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 105,000 miles, now it has 248,000 miles. It gave me some minor problems like key (spent $ 600) to fix that at the dealer), gasket leak (but fixed by a private mechanic). The cost of repairing BMW is too much, hut the fun of driving is always great. Even after driving 8 years, it drives like the same.

14 years old goin' on 20
By r_thiebaud on 11/21/09 07:58 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

This car has been and still is absolutely reliable! The last thousand miles averaged 24.3 MPG. My 1991 750iL averages 9.2 MPG - a bit crippling with today's fuel price.

Buy one
By King Krafty on 10/16/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 318i 4dr Sedan

Bought mine with 120k on it. Needed tires and belts. Still driving with 151k on it. No probs. - everything works and works well. No rust in Ohio which is rare and all equipment still works. Turns heads and no one can tell it's a 1995 except for older tail lights. Got it at a Ford dealer for $3000 three years ago (2005). Fun to drive with good gas mileage to boot! Rare to find one, but all sources tell me it will run until 350k miles.

1995 BMW 318i Sedan 5spd review
By Rick on 09/14/09 13:16 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 318i 4dr Sedan

144,000k and still runs strong and tight. This is a car that makes driving fun again. It's 14yrs old and rides better than some domestic brands that are only a few yrs old! The 5spd manual is smooth and crisp, the suspension lets you know what's going on and BMW must under-rate their horsepower ratings because I have blown away many V6's with my M42 engine. I run exclusively 5w30 Royal Purple and SHELL V-Power Gasoline. I also updated the factory plastic headlamps with a set of EURO 4300k HID Depo Glass Headlamps with angel eyes. Now I can finally see at night!

Oldie but goodie
By 70dave on 08/17/08 21:32 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for my daughter as birthday present. We have been typically domestic car buyers,t his is our first BMW. WOW! After driving it my wife said,"if she doesn't want it, can I have it!" The car had 150,000 miles on it and is is good condition considering its age. Everything works and had new struts installed by previous owner. I have to "test drive it" frequently to make sure everything still works,when I really just enjoy driving it. Am thinking about purchasing another for my wife to drive.

Excellent Car
By Rich on 09/27/07 12:33 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I have been absolutely astonished to find how much I have loved this car, and what a reliable car it is, 12 years later. I am a bit scared of the cost of a repair when something goes, but I see no reason why anything should anytime soon.

BMW rules
By bubba on 09/11/07 17:58 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series Sedan 318i 4dr Sedan

Excellent handling. Solid body and smooth ride. Great gas mileage. Used more as a pleasure car than daily driver. Never owned a BMW, so went with a cheaper model to test the waters. Very much not disappointed.