1995 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Best Car I Ever Owned
By ccs95 on 02/10/14 16:46 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 95 brand new in Bellevue, WA. This car has been nothing short of perfect. I had a 12 year old son, a prairie dog with a cage that was 3' x 4', and we skied a lot! We went to the mountains in snow, sleet and rain...we have experienced several tropical storms and hurricanes...we moved to the Arizona desert. This car has taken us here, there and just about everywhere. We had a minor problems in the beginning... Never any engine problems, we have over 230,000 miles and are still going strong. Wear and tear has had it usual issues, and we are going in for struts this week. Still have original clutch, tranny, (got a rock in the radiator) not the cars fault. Love this car!

My Best Car Ever
By kworben on 10/30/06 17:10 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car used in 1997 with <20K miles. I have maintained it myself and with the help of the Bentley manual found it easy to work on. With 145K it still has the original clutch. With snow tires and LSD it handles well in the snow. Other than ball joints, have done nothing but routine maintenance. Handles great (I added Bilsteins) and gets 30 mpg on my 80 mi commute. If you find a well maintained low mileage example, buy it!

Just a great ride!
By Zachary on 02/18/05 17:20 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car from a friend and used it as my runner car. I find myself driving it more than my other car. It has a feel of quality and ride that just makes it fun to drive again. I haven't had any problems to speak of except I broke the windshield wiper. It was may fault. Great car for the price.

sweet ride
By zip on 12/30/04 00:17 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

This car met all my expectations. It's fun to drive (except in rain and snow - it sucks), has enough power and great mileage. I get comments on it all the time. The manual is a must for this little car. Its very spacious for a hatchback, and it handles great, especially at high speeds. The interior is a little cheap, a few cosmetic issues but who cares, its all about the driving.

Love my car!
By wturner1971 on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with just over 50,000 miles. I have since added 80,000 more with no major problems. Never left me stranded! Very peppy. My husband has had it up to 120 mph and says it was still a smooth ride - I don't recommend trying this, though! Fun to drive, still looks new!

Best car I have ever owned
By bimmer guy on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

Test drove the car on a whim assuming that I would never actually purchase it. Previously owned 3 SAABs, Ford Mustangs and 1978 1/2 Datsun 280Z. Compared to everything else the little 318ti was the champ! Could use a little more horsepower but at the expense of fuel economy it is just not worth it. Only thing that comes close today is the MINI Cooper! Handling and overall build quality have no equal in this price range!

Sweeet Ride!!
By theclosesthing2u on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I love this car!! It's so much fun to drive and it's especially nice to get the looks from people that are checking it out!!! Pretty sweet ride indeed!

Worth the money
By ymerej23 on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I love the car in spite of its imperfections. It doesn't have enough power and the fuel mileage is horrible for a 4 banger especially if you really drive it. It is very comfortable and fun to drive. It is definately worth the $ paid for it because it looks more expensive than it is. It is a great looking car and gets a lot of compliments. It is also reliable and easy to work on. Over all it is a great value.

Second to none
By glddmr on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

Driven 6 years everywhere from HI & FLA to NY & CT. In deep snow with studded tires and hi speed cross country. NEVER had a mech prob in 113000 miles. Taught wife to drive clutch in 3 days in it, then went to sea for 2 wks. Still on first clutch. I drive it like it has twice the pwr it does. I love it. When the engine dies in another 120000 miles I'm putting a v-6 in it and driving another 250000.

Great Mini
By Jon Mendosa on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

Perfect car for anyone who wants a great BMW for not a lot of money. Fun to drive definitly get the manual.