1995 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Best Car I Ever Owned
By ccs95 on 02/10/14 16:46 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 95 brand new in Bellevue, WA. This car has been nothing short of perfect. I had a 12 year old son, a prairie dog with a cage that was 3' x 4', and we skied a lot! We went to the mountains in snow, sleet and rain...we have experienced several tropical storms and hurricanes...we moved to the Arizona desert. This car has taken us here, there and just about everywhere. We had a minor problems in the beginning... Never any engine problems, we have over 230,000 miles and are still going strong. Wear and tear has had it usual issues, and we are going in for struts this week. Still have original clutch, tranny, (got a rock in the radiator) not the cars fault. Love this car!

This BMW lives up to the hype
By grmmjhnsn2 on 10/19/13 13:10 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

This car is great to drive, lets make that one clear. It's just powerful enough to snap your neck back, but not so much so that it gets you noticed. It's handling is amazing, acceleration robust, and braking solid. If you love to drive this is your car. I take it out multiple times a week on local hilly and curvy roads and it eats them up. What they say about its maintenance costs are true - if you decide to make the plunge you better have spare cash. I bought mine with 130k for $4k and have dumped in 6k, EASILY over the past six months. If you're looking for a commuter car that just happens to be fun look elsewhere. This car is for those who want the rush and are willing to pay for it.

What a sweet ride!
By tnydtger on 06/03/11 13:53 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

Awesome car. Be prepared to dish out some money on repairs , but the "fun"factor of driving it out weighs the price on repairs. You will get looks and compliments as if it is a new bmw. Good on gas ,not great. Turns corners awesome, and you can drive 130 mph on highway and feel like you driving 60. Be prepared after 100,000 miles, brakes,radiator,exhaust,clutch, and few others . nothing major. But definitely will dish out money for maintainence.

Snookered by the ads
By frankzen on 12/13/10 05:36 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1995 318i in 2005 with 165,000 km (about 102,000 miles) on it - it now has 217000km (about 135000 miles) on it. It also has rusted out rockers and right rear fender, cracked windshield, the cluster (mph,tach etc) no longer works, lower control arms are shot, struts shot, won't idle, and the drivers seat (it's cloth) is worn out. I have replaced the alternator, starter, O2 sensors 3 times, MAF (twice) and innumerable other smaller items for a total repair bill of about $3000 I paid $5000 for the car in 2005...it's now worth about $500. BMWs are fine...if you're willing to spend upwards of $1500 a year on repair and maintenance.

After 15 years - still a great car
By Joe M. on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I received the car in high school from my dad with 56,000 miles on it. I wish I would have taken care of it better while I was in high school because this car would have lasted another 100,000 miles. The car has 178,000 miles on it now and I need new tires, but I am going to upgrade to a newer 2004 BMW 330xi. I love this car because it is fun to drive and has classic looks to it. Still till this day I love looking at the car - it is beautiful.

Get one
By aerocat on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

Bought mine in early 2009 with 81,000 miles. I'D DO IT AGAIN. Fairly quick, very fast. Handling is athletic and certain. Styling is timeless. Mine is not a daily driver because I hope to have it 'till I leave for Glory. Color is Morea Green (see it to appreciate it!). Bought this rather than a 2-seater so that my wife and kids (or another couple) could enjoy the ride together!

Good investment
By A.,S.Mathew on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 105,000 miles, now it has 248,000 miles. It gave me some minor problems like key (spent $ 600) to fix that at the dealer), gasket leak (but fixed by a private mechanic). The cost of repairing BMW is too much, hut the fun of driving is always great. Even after driving 8 years, it drives like the same.

Fun car!
By Gregor78 on 07/25/10 01:24 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

This is one amazing car! It was passed down to the wife and I from her step father. It has about 145,000 miles on it. The only thing that was replaced due to failure was the water pump. The muffler is completely shot, the radio stopped working, it has pinging issues even with premium fuel, with that aside, it is alot of fun to drive! I take it for mountain drives once in a while, and is very impressive. I can throw it hard into corners and it just sticks to the ground without any feeling of understeer OR oversteer. Very well balanced and solid car.

Get one
By Aerocat on 01/13/10 18:52 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

I wanted a weekend convertible - this car is perfect for that. Mine is Morea Green Metallic (truly beautiful) with Sport Package. Fairly quick, very fast, superb handling. Bought it early '09 with 81,000 miles for $5300 and dropped $700 in it immediately for some needed attention. Stole it. Fantastic shape inside and out. It lives in my garage except for spring/summer/fall evenings and weekends. Love driving it to Kansas State football games in the fall. Very handy to have around when one of my daily drivers is in the shop.

14 years old goin' on 20
By r_thiebaud on 11/21/09 07:58 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

This car has been and still is absolutely reliable! The last thousand miles averaged 24.3 MPG. My 1991 750iL averages 9.2 MPG - a bit crippling with today's fuel price.