Holds it's own: value & fun to drive!
By Earl G on
1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan
This was my 2nd BMW, after a '85 528e with 186k which ran like a champ to the day I traded it. 325e build is good & have only replaced a fuel pump in 12 years! although I need a heater fan & a couple of lightbulbs now - still w/original battery!! It's at its peak performance at 60degrees and rain - BMW still hadn't worked out the fuel/air mix in the computer for US Southern summer driving in '94 (same problem with the old 528e). I was unwilling to chip it, although, I understand that will cure this weakness & add more fun (could I stand MORE?). I WANT a new(er) one when my daugher graduates from college in 2 yrs. Visited the BMW plant in SC and have my next dream, a Z4 picked out!
Favorite Features
This car is just FUN -especially for a sedan. The 5 speed is great, handling is still wonderful at 136k mi. Avg of 23MPG across the lifetime (current typical is 21-22 in Atlanta!). Seating is GREAT for my bad back. Smiles/miles/$price - worth the investment. If you maintain it - 10 yrs min!
Suggested Improvements
Like everyone else, cup holders!! I've spilled a few, or worse punched a straw throught a styrofoam cup under the center arm rest a time or two. Plan to upgrade the radio/speakers. Stock are so-so. Thats IT!