Great (but not PERFECT) little car!
By BimmerBryan on
1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan
I have had this little beauty for about a month now. I am so impressed! I have owned American and Japanese but decided on this partly based on reviews like these on this site. The car feels solid and I have not felt the cornering qualities like this since I sold my Miata. Remember, this is a 4 door sedan! The acceleration with this 5 speed manual is awesome! At about 4700 RPM the engine comes on like a turbo (thanks to VANOS). The shifter "clicks" into place, and the exhaust growl is intoxicating! The build quality is way more than I am used to. Everything is so tight even with close to 150K on the clock. Expensive? I work on my own. I can do anything with the online help sites!
Favorite Features
The trip computer is cool! The heated seats on cold mornings. One-touch up and down windows. Split cargo-access rear seats. Oil filter on TOP of engine! BMW feel, quality, and performance. If you do your own maintenance, you have no excuse!!
Suggested Improvements
Dern Germans and their belief we should not be drinking and driving (no cup holders). Loose the MPG meter and give me an oil pressure AND volt guage. Uh, let's see...oh yeah. Give me a free 2005 325i for "evaluation" purposes....(not gonna happen, is it?)