Used 1994 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great (but not PERFECT) little car!
By BimmerBryan

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I have had this little beauty for about a month now. I am so impressed! I have owned American and Japanese but decided on this partly based on reviews like these on this site. The car feels solid and I have not felt the cornering qualities like this since I sold my Miata. Remember, this is a 4 door sedan! The acceleration with this 5 speed manual is awesome! At about 4700 RPM the engine comes on like a turbo (thanks to VANOS). The shifter "clicks" into place, and the exhaust growl is intoxicating! The build quality is way more than I am used to. Everything is so tight even with close to 150K on the clock. Expensive? I work on my own. I can do anything with the online help sites!

The trip computer is cool! The heated seats on cold mornings. One-touch up and down windows. Split cargo-access rear seats. Oil filter on TOP of engine! BMW feel, quality, and performance. If you do your own maintenance, you have no excuse!!

Dern Germans and their belief we should not be drinking and driving (no cup holders). Loose the MPG meter and give me an oil pressure AND volt guage. Uh, let's see...oh yeah. Give me a free 2005 325i for "evaluation" purposes....(not gonna happen, is it?)

What a car!
By Jameseye

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

This is my first BMW and it is a good introduction to the brand. I have owned other sports sedans in the past but none have had the performance with the size of engine that this car has. I feel like I am driving a v6 and often leave others at the light.

I am impressed with the powerterain. It is a smooth blend of power and performance with greater than 30 mpg even with in-town driving.

There have been a couple of problems with the interior and the OBD-II computer which runs the show under the hood. The box where they placed the computer is prone to flooding in heavy rains or through the car wash and I have gone in and sealed the tempest box with aluminium tape.

The Ultimate Attraction
By George S (GOGOBMW)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

I would like to say this- 0 to 60 in 6.9 q-mile in 15.3sec.I have 158,000 miles on it, it is 5 speed (Getrag). Excellent gas combustion!!Engine is always singing its lovely tune!I raced a 2002 VW Golf VR6(cold intake, fullexhaust, fully lowered, manual)We raced 3 times,I won all of them.He kept up until middle second and started to fall behind.Raced with 2003 Volvo S60 R ( 300horses, Auto)until 5000 RPM on third I kept with it that is say, nearly 95 mph.My car is all stock,it is up to u if u want to believe it!Beating numerous Civics nad so on.I lost to a BMW 328I also stick until end of third he was a car ahead of me. Raced a E46 330I (Auto) from start til 4th he couldn't catch up! I LOVE IT

I love the Transmission, I love the SOUND(it is race-like even though it is stock) I adore the suspension.Engine-an absolute piece of artwork, the best 6 cyl.in the world. The 325 is the sum of all our senses engineered into a single machine that can take the human senses to the redline! ENJOY!

Hmm.. well the gas consumption is well.. not perfect, it could be improved, also i've had some electrical problems with my heating system... it took 6 hours of work to be fixed! Otherwise nothing else. I love the sharp look!

wow!
By bmw babe

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

as a young driver i recieved my car second hand from my aunt which by the way was the best thing ever! this car is meant to be driven and it has been! but its still very relieable. and i love driving it everyday. the only thing i wish it had were cup holders! dang :( allwell we cant have it all can we?

the leather seats! hard steering

Cup holders!!!

wow!!
By bmw babe

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

this is awesome it is the ultimate driving machine! i love this car

leather seats.. if your going to geta BMW might as well get the leather!

cup holders!