1994 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Solid but quite Sluggish overall
By dieter maximillian on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I have owned this vehicle as second owner (bought 2 years used with 20,000km). Have only two complaints. Firstly when engine is hot (riding around for several hours in summer heat) car shakes in first gear... starts smoothly directly from 2nd at a red light with a little longer cluth action. Electrical should improve - lights out often. Funny I still like it.

1994 325 i
By mike r on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

A very solid ride with good handling and great power. Best car I have ever had.

318i Solid transportation
By J.H. on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1994 BMW 318i used with 135,000 miles on it. It is a solid car with the basic amenities and teutonic interior styling. The quality of the car is excellent and it is still tight as new. The gas mileage is great and it is virtually maintenance free. Only Problem I've had is the idle valve was faulty, but was easily replaced by the dealer for $400.00. The engine has no leaks and engine runs smooth and the car handles great. I have learned over the years parts are not as pricey as you would think compared to regular cars. Insurance is reasonable as well. I totally recommend a 3 series to anyone looking for a pre- owned Bimmer that is budget priced.

Great Car
By Drew BMW on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

Runs like a top after 135000 trouble free miles. Fun to drive but a little uncomfortable on long drives. The interior has worm very well, looks like it is only a couple of years old, not 9. The exterior too - it sat out for 5 years before we got our garage and it still looks great. Only the molding around some of the windows is looking a little weathered. Great car for the money. HOpe to drive it another 9 years.

By Andrew E. Nelson on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

Spectacular low mileage. Black on black. Sports package.

RIDE/DRIVE/DESIGN
By AL GREGG on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE AND LOTS OF FUN TO DRIVE.

Very Reliable, Fun to drive, Classic
By OrlandoGuyz on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

My car has 112000k miles. Everything works-still, and it's nine years old. My friends want me to get the X-5, but I don't think I can part with my convertible. It's a very quick 5spd, and still tight. People always watch when I put the top up or down. I still get many compliments. Would and will another. No problems, except on occassion message center says brake lite out...which is a quirk on these. Car is definately the Ultimate Tanning Machine....

By dvev on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

It's a good automobile. I never plan to sell it. I also plan never to sell it.

Ultimate (FUN) Driving Machine
By GTU on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

Drives and handles great. A little short on low end power,but hang on above 3500 rpm. First car I've had in a long time that can accelerate in high gear.

The Ultimate Driving Machine!
By sandy kavor on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

BMW is the best car on this planet.The design, quality and performance is uncoperable with enything else on the market. BMW is the one and only.