Used 1994 BMW 3 Series 318i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

318i Solid transportation
By J.H.

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1994 BMW 318i used with 135,000 miles on it. It is a solid car with the basic amenities and teutonic interior styling. The quality of the car is excellent and it is still tight as new. The gas mileage is great and it is virtually maintenance free. Only Problem I've had is the idle valve was faulty, but was easily replaced by the dealer for $400.00. The engine has no leaks and engine runs smooth and the car handles great. I have learned over the years parts are not as pricey as you would think compared to regular cars. Insurance is reasonable as well. I totally recommend a 3 series to anyone looking for a pre- owned Bimmer that is budget priced.

Auto up/down feature on power windows and the integrated invisible antennea. Also, the dual climate control temp settings.

Audio system upgrade with in dash CD option.

Great Car
By Drew BMW

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

Runs like a top after 135000 trouble free miles. Fun to drive but a little uncomfortable on long drives. The interior has worm very well, looks like it is only a couple of years old, not 9. The exterior too - it sat out for 5 years before we got our garage and it still looks great. Only the molding around some of the windows is looking a little weathered. Great car for the money. HOpe to drive it another 9 years.

The car still feels tight when driving it after 9 years.

Better seats. I wish I had gotten seats with more support.

Sixteenth B-day present
By BMWman

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I have loved BMW's for all of my life. My parents bought this car for me with 130,000 miles!!! I added newer factory wheels, wood trim, cd player, and floor mats. I love this car. Everyone at my high school wants to ride in it. It is fun and very reliable. The leather is great. Looks new. No problems. Great gas mileage. Fold down rear seats. Very good handeling.

Body Style, handeling, gas mileage, fold down rear seat.

NONE

Good lookin
By Chris Campbell

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

This is a fun car! It makes people turn their heads. I just recently put new BMW factory wheels on mine to make it look newer. This car has great handling. It is very reliable and I have had no major problems. Overall it is a cool car. Electronics need some work. The car is weak when the air conditioner is on and when its cold.

Handling, fold down rear seat, body style,

Better looking wheels, better air conditioning system (not much air flow)

My 16th birthday present
By JChris

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

Everyone at my school loves my car. I got it from my mom after she drove it for 2 years. No problems since our ownership. This car is fun and turns lots of heads. Great gas mileage! Still looks and feels new!

Great body style. 27 mpg. Fold down rear seat.

More power. Better speakers