1994 325i convertible is awesome!
By mjbocanegra on
1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 2dr Convertible
Bought this liittle black gem for $2900.00. Drove it back to San Antonio from Austin and off the bat just loved the way it felt. I must admit, it is smaller than what I'd had which was the large 740il however my goal was to save on gas. It's a four seater but in reality your not really going to fit anyone but those between 8 and 10 years old comfortably and that is if the two in whe front are 5'9" max. The ride is nice and tight the manual five speed wants me to race through those gears and let me tell you that I've had on a few occassions where I've had to step on the pedal. It is fast for a six cyl !! I'm liking the 3 series due to the available parts and DIY.
Favorite Features
The prestige of owning one of the best cars around is one of the features I enjoy. When they say the "Ulitmate Driving Machine" it's no joke. It really is. The price for the 1994 was perfect at $2900 with 150k miles on it. I'd say another 100k miles easy. The ride of a 325i is tight. The acceloration is on key for the engine size and it takes corners beautifully.
Suggested Improvements
Improvements would include better material when it comes to door panels. Door panels on the e36 begin to come unglued. They say the BMW was made by engineers FOR Engineers and so true. The digital settings to distance, memo, timer and other functions is really too much work to mess with. Was with my 1997 740il and is for the 325i as well but it looks good! Over all they made a very good car. I love the back with tan enterior and in a year am going to buy me another BMW 740IL, black with tan so that I can have a luxury and sports car on my drive way!
By hbarkley
on 04/26/11 23:29 PM (PDT)

Too right! I loved the 80's 3 series convertables. Still do. Searched but evrything thing was beat up. Then one day while driving home from dropping my daughter off at dance lessons I passed a bright red beauty in the bank parking lot. Looked brand new! Had to be out of my league. Could not believe it was a 1994 with only 67,000. Red on tan with new michies and a perfect, original top. Asking was $7500.00, KBB excellent book was $7200.00, offered $6500.00 RIGHT NOW cash and it was a done deal. Strangely I had to call sick for work for the next 3 days. Beemer bug? Lucky for me a fall drive thorugh the smokey mountains with my wife was the cure. Whew. Having said that, it's not perfect. Antena, loose gas door, upholstery bubble on the driver door, etc. Biggest good/bad thing is it is an automatic. Bad: I love manual. Good: Probably keeps me from getting tickets. But all minor, easy to fix stuff. (Talked my wife into an M3 with 5 speed for "track only" driving. Right!) The drive, the look, and the mental therapy make up for the faults by far. Gave my son the truck. This is my daily car now. And the sound? Even the auto can't hide that purr. Get one!