1994 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Best Auto Ever
By chuck on 07/06/09 09:16 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series Sedan 318i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new. I can't believe it's 15 years old... still has power, fun to drive has never missed a beat and has 219000 miles on it... only had to change a water gasket and an instrument pod... still has original shocks exhaust head lights... have knocked out a couple of fog lights down thru the years... it gets 30+ mpg on the interstate... great fun... hate to think of trying to replace it... a truly great automobile.

Great Car, needs more power
By mwmiller85 on 10/04/08 14:23 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series Sedan 318i 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle on a "whim". I needed a car quickly and found this beautiful white 318i and for 1500 I couldn't refuse. Great car, very tight, great handling, love the manual transmission, and sunroof. Gas mileage is great, fill up once a week, however with current gas prices it's about 50 bucks to fill. My friends love the car, interior is PERFECT, however would have loved a bit more room. Overall great car for being 14 years old!!

Buy it if you find it
By fortheloveofbeamer on 07/08/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series Sedan 318i 4dr Sedan

This is my third 318i and I Iove them. This car is fun to drive and as well as dependable. This car gets great gas mileage and I usually only fill up once or twice a month. If you find one of these cars pick up. They are expensive to keep up, but as long as you take care of it, it will take care of you.

Love my ride!
By Jodie on 05/16/08 00:08 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I am a first time owner of a souped up little BMW. I love everything about it. I get compliments all the time on my little black 325. Its comfortable, reliable, fun and down right hot! Yes it has been cared for and has many extras. I will continue to treat my BMW as if it was brand new. It may be a 1994 model, but its hot! Not even a door dent, pristine and purrs like a kitten. I would not want any other car.

My first BMW
By Gsp1885 on 12/11/07 22:33 PM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series Sedan 318i 4dr Sedan

When I first got this car, I hated it because it was a manual and I had a hard time learning. However, once I learned it I loved it, and I became a car enthusiast. I also now love bmw, although it has given me some problems.

Best Bet
By neuhoff on 07/23/07 22:01 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series Sedan 318i 4dr Sedan

This car has 150k miles, it's automatic and I get 30 mpg hwy. Everything still works, it's fast, reliable and great looking but most of all, the handling of this car exceeds everything I've ever driven. I will never own another make of automobile than BMW. New or used, BMW is your best bet for economy, resale, reliability and pleasure.

An excellent choice
By Rajeev on 03/23/06 16:11 PM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series Sedan 318i 4dr Sedan

Never will you regret buying this model of yr 1994 which was the only model that BMW did not reproduce due to driving force restrictions. You get the speed and power of a 6 cylinder!!!. A reliable car which has never put me into trouble even after I have driven about 35000 in the past 2 yrs

Holds it's own: value & fun to drive!
By Earl G on 02/02/06 16:15 PM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

This was my 2nd BMW, after a '85 528e with 186k which ran like a champ to the day I traded it. 325e build is good & have only replaced a fuel pump in 12 years! although I need a heater fan & a couple of lightbulbs now - still w/original battery!! It's at its peak performance at 60degrees and rain - BMW still hadn't worked out the fuel/air mix in the computer for US Southern summer driving in '94 (same problem with the old 528e). I was unwilling to chip it, although, I understand that will cure this weakness & add more fun (could I stand MORE?). I WANT a new(er) one when my daugher graduates from college in 2 yrs. Visited the BMW plant in SC and have my next dream, a Z4 picked out!

Great (but not PERFECT) little car!
By BimmerBryan on 12/17/04 14:01 PM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I have had this little beauty for about a month now. I am so impressed! I have owned American and Japanese but decided on this partly based on reviews like these on this site. The car feels solid and I have not felt the cornering qualities like this since I sold my Miata. Remember, this is a 4 door sedan! The acceleration with this 5 speed manual is awesome! At about 4700 RPM the engine comes on like a turbo (thanks to VANOS). The shifter "clicks" into place, and the exhaust growl is intoxicating! The build quality is way more than I am used to. Everything is so tight even with close to 150K on the clock. Expensive? I work on my own. I can do anything with the online help sites!

What a car!
By Jameseye on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series Sedan 318i 4dr Sedan

This is my first BMW and it is a good introduction to the brand. I have owned other sports sedans in the past but none have had the performance with the size of engine that this car has. I feel like I am driving a v6 and often leave others at the light.