Used 1994 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fun to Drive when it works.
By sean mann

1994 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325is 2dr Coupe

I bought the car and for 7,000 and have put about that much if not more into it in the 3 years I have owned it. I don't drive it hard but I have had to basically rebuild the engine. That was fun. The interior has completely fallen apart door panels won't stay on no matter what I do. It's super fun to drive and looks good on the outside but everything inside kinda blows.

Favorite Features

Driving, looks.

Suggested Improvements

Make better door panels and make it not break down after 10 odd years.

Truly excellent car
By K Emerson

1994 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325is 2dr Coupe

After reading some reviews I decided I needed this car, and I have no regrets. I found a very clean 1 owner 2 door sport coupe with 120k miles. It still looks new in and out and has a kind of modern timeless look, it looks great sitting next to a newer model. Everything is still tight on this car, the gear box, engine and handling are amazing. The manual transmission makes driving fun all over again. With ABS, sport suspension package, performance with great fuel economy and safety features, it is a true bargain. I've owned this vehicle for 7 months now and have really put it through the paces, and it drives like a dream. (You won't go back to your funky Accord, trust me:)

Favorite Features

Looks, performance, handling, sunroof, front and side airbags, 1st through 5th... Fuel economy - I drove from Bend, Oregon to Napa California on one tank, at a pretty fast clip too... (check out a map)

Suggested Improvements

Make sure you replace the original water pump! Some are known to eventually have electrical glitches on dash display. A performance re-chip and cold air intake and you're good to roll.

Sweet
By Nadim

1994 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325is 2dr Coupe

I've driven my car for 2 years. It's pretty nice. I changed the serpentine belt/tensioner, and keep refilling the steering fluid. Aside from that, it's sweet. I added an mp3 deck. Does anyone else get that humming sound after driving an hour ont he highway and returning to normal speeds? I feel like after 200 k miles my car doesn't drive as well as it used to, but overall it's pretty amazing

Favorite Features

Acceleration, leather, sound system, 12" sub, cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Door handle on inside oil pressure gauge

Great all-arounder
By bimmerboy147

1994 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325is 2dr Coupe

I got this car as a project with 219,000 miles a few months ago. I had to do a few things to it to get it back up to par mechanically, but with such high mileage, I was expecting that. It runs like a brand new car. The engine and transmission are still smooth, strong, and responsive. I wanted a manual transmission, but this automatic has proven itself a very worthy substitute. It is always in the right gear at the right time. It has a manual mode, but it is so well calibrated that I never need it. I am a college student with a 4 1/2 hour drive to school. I almost always drive non-stop and I never get out of the car sore. As comfortable as it is, it also handles like a true sports car

Favorite Features

Bulletproof inline 6, rear wheel drive, nearly perfect automatic, front legroom, separate temp controls for dash and floor/defrost vents, unrivaled steering feel, fuel economy, addictive exhaust note, resale value, classy styling still looks great

Suggested Improvements

better adhesives on interior coverings, more low-end torque

Like I would like it.
By Chanman

1994 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325is 2dr Coupe

My '94 325is handles like a true sports car, gives a decent 24-29 MPG and the manual tranny is pure joy to zip around in. Rather small interior, but that is coupe. Handles poorly in snow but I havn't bothered to put winter tires on it. Feels like I could race any car on the street, pull away in acceleration, and take corners with ease. A little sway on turns, it is stock and have no sway bars. Looks like a classic. Drives like a smooth driving machine, just as BMW says. Very satisfied. Would probably go 4dr next time, but love the coupe look.

Favorite Features

2nd gear.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders. But where would they even put them... tight dash and panel.