Used 1994 BMW 3 Series 325i Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Have Enjoyed This Car So Much
By 94southernbmw

1994 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325i 2dr Convertible

Bought this car at fully depreciated price in July 2012 and have been driving approximately 3 or 4 days a week for last 3 months. Had to put in a radiator which was leaking when I bought it ($475). Getting the top down and taking her out for a spin is well worth it though. Good on gas (having been a truck SUV driver). Has decent pick up. Car has 174k miles on it an idles as smooth as can be. Car has been properly maintained. It is a form of therapy and so much fun. If you are thinking of buying a convertible I happily recomment this one. Take it to a mechanic as they are old cars now.

Auto top, leather seats with warmers, 6 disc CD changer, 6 cylinder engine sound is awesome, heavy feel (built like tank), pretty roomy for convertible.

Based on car's history it sounds like these may have overheating problems as radiator ages. Stay on top of this and do not operate vehicle hot!

1994 325i convertible is awesome!
By mjbocanegra

1994 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325i 2dr Convertible

Bought this liittle black gem for $2900.00. Drove it back to San Antonio from Austin and off the bat just loved the way it felt. I must admit, it is smaller than what I'd had which was the large 740il however my goal was to save on gas. It's a four seater but in reality your not really going to fit anyone but those between 8 and 10 years old comfortably and that is if the two in whe front are 5'9" max. The ride is nice and tight the manual five speed wants me to race through those gears and let me tell you that I've had on a few occassions where I've had to step on the pedal. It is fast for a six cyl !! I'm liking the 3 series due to the available parts and DIY.

The prestige of owning one of the best cars around is one of the features I enjoy. When they say the "Ulitmate Driving Machine" it's no joke. It really is. The price for the 1994 was perfect at $2900 with 150k miles on it. I'd say another 100k miles easy. The ride of a 325i is tight. The acceloration is on key for the engine size and it takes corners beautifully.

Improvements would include better material when it comes to door panels. Door panels on the e36 begin to come unglued. They say the BMW was made by engineers FOR Engineers and so true. The digital settings to distance, memo, timer and other functions is really too much work to mess with. Was with my 1997 740il and is for the 325i as well but it looks good! Over all they made a very good car. I love the back with tan enterior and in a year am going to buy me another BMW 740IL, black with tan so that I can have a luxury and sports car on my drive way!

Long Term Review
By Romie6466

1994 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325i 2dr Convertible

I loved this car from the first time I laid eyes on it. The styling is truly a classic and still looks gorgeous and modern and relevant. I have added a lot of items from Racing Dynamics aero package to 18" wheels Bilstein sport shocks and stage 3 suspension bushings when they needed to be replaced, at 210,000 miles, so it handles incredibly, and will turn on a dime with virtually no sway. With 226,000 miles, the engine is VERY strong, but then it has a Jim Conforti cold air intake and chip with an M3 exhaust. The car has been extremely reliable and has required surprisingly little maintenance. This is my 4th BMW and I don't want to imagine not driving a BMW for the rest of my life.

Mine is red with tan leather, the styling stunning. The car is a true "10" I'm constantly complimented! Handling, comfort and power.

The transmission synchro gears are starting to fail, so I'd definitely improve that, but it does have a ton of miles.

Cross Country Drive
By GHdz

1994 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325i 2dr Convertible

I had been wanting a 325i Convertible 4 yrs, finally got it in excellent condition w only 81,000 miles!! Flew out 2 sunny LA, CA to pick it up, had it serviced - new plugs & a hose & I was off 'cross country fm Cali 2 CT - Thx God a smooth ride all d way. LA 2 Palm Springs, PS 2 Dallas, TX 2 Smokey Mts, NC, Smokey Mts 2 PA, PA 2 CT - 4 Days - Coast 2 Coast! Thx BMW 4 such an awesome sun tanning machine... (:-)BTW: D one I got looks just like d 1 in d picture above xcept Blk interior. Life was good, Now It's Great!

Top down, cruising @ 80 w engine barely making a sound.

Passenger side windows rattle a bit w top down & leather seats will need upgrading in a few yrs & angel eyes headlamps would b nice - We'll c ...

Ultimate Tanning Machine!
By Car Nutz

1994 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325i 2dr Convertible

I bought my 1994 325iC with 230k miles on the odometer. I cannot believe that this car still accelerates with authority and rev to the redline, but it DOES! It does have a couple of electrical issues that my mechanic says are related to the ECU, warning lights illuminate though no real problems exist. I put Bilstein shocks and M3 control arms and a cold air intake. The handling and sound is phenomenal! Agressive handling and sound! It makes my Mercedes seem like an old man's car.

Engine longevity, handling is great for a convertible, sport seats and rollover protection.

Delamination of the door panels tends to be a problem due to moisture entering in the cabin during rain season.