1994 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Fun to Drive when it works.
By sean mann on 05/30/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

I bought the car and for 7,000 and have put about that much if not more into it in the 3 years I have owned it. I don't drive it hard but I have had to basically rebuild the engine. That was fun. The interior has completely fallen apart door panels won't stay on no matter what I do. It's super fun to drive and looks good on the outside but everything inside kinda blows.

Truly excellent car
By K Emerson on 05/05/09 00:54 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

After reading some reviews I decided I needed this car, and I have no regrets. I found a very clean 1 owner 2 door sport coupe with 120k miles. It still looks new in and out and has a kind of modern timeless look, it looks great sitting next to a newer model. Everything is still tight on this car, the gear box, engine and handling are amazing. The manual transmission makes driving fun all over again. With ABS, sport suspension package, performance with great fuel economy and safety features, it is a true bargain. I've owned this vehicle for 7 months now and have really put it through the paces, and it drives like a dream. (You won't go back to your funky Accord, trust me:)

Sweet
By Nadim on 04/28/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

I've driven my car for 2 years. It's pretty nice. I changed the serpentine belt/tensioner, and keep refilling the steering fluid. Aside from that, it's sweet. I added an mp3 deck. Does anyone else get that humming sound after driving an hour ont he highway and returning to normal speeds? I feel like after 200 k miles my car doesn't drive as well as it used to, but overall it's pretty amazing

Great all-arounder
By bimmerboy147 on 03/08/08 17:46 PM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

I got this car as a project with 219,000 miles a few months ago. I had to do a few things to it to get it back up to par mechanically, but with such high mileage, I was expecting that. It runs like a brand new car. The engine and transmission are still smooth, strong, and responsive. I wanted a manual transmission, but this automatic has proven itself a very worthy substitute. It is always in the right gear at the right time. It has a manual mode, but it is so well calibrated that I never need it. I am a college student with a 4 1/2 hour drive to school. I almost always drive non-stop and I never get out of the car sore. As comfortable as it is, it also handles like a true sports car

Like I would like it.
By Chanman on 02/08/08 09:39 AM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

My '94 325is handles like a true sports car, gives a decent 24-29 MPG and the manual tranny is pure joy to zip around in. Rather small interior, but that is coupe. Handles poorly in snow but I havn't bothered to put winter tires on it. Feels like I could race any car on the street, pull away in acceleration, and take corners with ease. A little sway on turns, it is stock and have no sway bars. Looks like a classic. Drives like a smooth driving machine, just as BMW says. Very satisfied. Would probably go 4dr next time, but love the coupe look.

Great and funny coupe
By Osvaldo Daniel Messi on 10/28/06 20:31 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

I have a BMW 325, 1994, black. It is fast, easy to drive. Fine leather upholstery. Classic coupe design does not look old nowadays. I strongly recommend you to find one and buy it. My car only has 50000 miles (real mileage). Probably I will pass it to my son!!.

Great car, I love it!
By Andrew on 05/24/05 15:20 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

So far it's been a great car to me and I have a lot of plans to make it even better. Really the only thing that has mechanically failed is the Idle Control Valve (ICV) which produced bad bouncing idle... so, clean yours!

The Ultimate Attraction
By George S (GOGOBMW) on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

I would like to say this- 0 to 60 in 6.9 q-mile in 15.3sec.I have 158,000 miles on it, it is 5 speed (Getrag). Excellent gas combustion!!Engine is always singing its lovely tune!I raced a 2002 VW Golf VR6(cold intake, fullexhaust, fully lowered, manual)We raced 3 times,I won all of them.He kept up until middle second and started to fall behind.Raced with 2003 Volvo S60 R ( 300horses, Auto)until 5000 RPM on third I kept with it that is say, nearly 95 mph.My car is all stock,it is up to u if u want to believe it!Beating numerous Civics nad so on.I lost to a BMW 328I also stick until end of third he was a car ahead of me. Raced a E46 330I (Auto) from start til 4th he couldn't catch up! I LOVE IT

wow!
By bmw babe on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

as a young driver i recieved my car second hand from my aunt which by the way was the best thing ever! this car is meant to be driven and it has been! but its still very relieable. and i love driving it everyday. the only thing i wish it had were cup holders! dang :( allwell we cant have it all can we?

Extremely reliable and well designed.
By JOneill on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

This is litterally the most reliable car I have ever owned. Never had a major mechanical problem, just routine maintenance. Gas mileage is surprisingly good because of the 4cyl engine. Timeless BMW design and quality German engineering also make this car a joy to drive. People are always shocked when I tell them it's a '94 model, because they can't believe how good it looks and runs. I plan to keep this car for a long, long time.