1994 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Most reliable car I've ever owned
By just1 on 10/06/06 21:00 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

I have owned the car since 1998 and it has never left me stranded, gets 36 mpg and handles as good as cars that cost 5 times as much! To sum it up, the car is worth much more than you end up paying for one.

What a good car
By BimZimmer on 07/29/05 17:50 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

Bought this car at age 21 and drove it very hard. Original clutch lasted until 155k. No other problems other than typical wear and tear. Performed very well for a 1.8 litre. Drove a friends 325is with 100k less miles and the 318is is just as quick as long as you keep the RPM's up (the 325is did have a greater powerband). Comfy car, fun to drive, not the best in snow but made it through 4 winters with heavy snow never going into the ditch. 190k on it now and still getting average of 27.5 MPG driving in rush hour traffic. Engine is a little tired now but it still runs very well. Overall great car.

used value
By knudsonm on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

These cars are ticking time bombs. Watch out!!!! I've owned mine for less than a year and has cost me $2000 in parts alone with me doing all of the repairs myself and has been off the road for 4 months. I checked the car over with a fine tooth comb before buying and still have the problems. I should've boughten a Chevy!!!

Best car I have ever owned
By mnbeckertx on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

Best car I have ever owned - great value for the money... Wish I still owned it.

Beamer
By BMW Fan on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

Looks great drives great sounds great its the best car ever

Good Stuff
By TommyD on 02/19/02 23:42 PM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

Great Car. Fun to drive and zippy for a 4-cylinder. Handles great and turns heads. 108000 miles and still running strong. All kinds of nifty features found on this car that you never would have thought you'd appreciate. Not so great in slippery conditions, respectable handling in snow considering it is a rear wheel sports car.