1994 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Best Auto Ever
By chuck on 07/06/09 09:16 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new. I can't believe it's 15 years old... still has power, fun to drive has never missed a beat and has 219000 miles on it... only had to change a water gasket and an instrument pod... still has original shocks exhaust head lights... have knocked out a couple of fog lights down thru the years... it gets 30+ mpg on the interstate... great fun... hate to think of trying to replace it... a truly great automobile.

Great Car, needs more power
By mwmiller85 on 10/04/08 14:23 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle on a "whim". I needed a car quickly and found this beautiful white 318i and for 1500 I couldn't refuse. Great car, very tight, great handling, love the manual transmission, and sunroof. Gas mileage is great, fill up once a week, however with current gas prices it's about 50 bucks to fill. My friends love the car, interior is PERFECT, however would have loved a bit more room. Overall great car for being 14 years old!!

Buy it if you find it
By fortheloveofbeamer on 07/08/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

This is my third 318i and I Iove them. This car is fun to drive and as well as dependable. This car gets great gas mileage and I usually only fill up once or twice a month. If you find one of these cars pick up. They are expensive to keep up, but as long as you take care of it, it will take care of you.

My first BMW
By Gsp1885 on 12/11/07 22:33 PM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

When I first got this car, I hated it because it was a manual and I had a hard time learning. However, once I learned it I loved it, and I became a car enthusiast. I also now love bmw, although it has given me some problems.

Best Bet
By neuhoff on 07/23/07 22:01 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

This car has 150k miles, it's automatic and I get 30 mpg hwy. Everything still works, it's fast, reliable and great looking but most of all, the handling of this car exceeds everything I've ever driven. I will never own another make of automobile than BMW. New or used, BMW is your best bet for economy, resale, reliability and pleasure.

An excellent choice
By Rajeev on 03/23/06 16:11 PM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

Never will you regret buying this model of yr 1994 which was the only model that BMW did not reproduce due to driving force restrictions. You get the speed and power of a 6 cylinder!!!. A reliable car which has never put me into trouble even after I have driven about 35000 in the past 2 yrs

What a car!
By Jameseye on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

This is my first BMW and it is a good introduction to the brand. I have owned other sports sedans in the past but none have had the performance with the size of engine that this car has. I feel like I am driving a v6 and often leave others at the light.

WOW!
By First One on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

Just bought this gem with 34k! One previous, gentle, owner. This is the nicest car I have ever had. I like it better than my brother's 04 Accord EX V6. The handling is beautiful as well as are the fit and finish. The car looks like it is brand new. I can't wait to drive it again tomorrow! At 90 mph, the car acts like it wants to go faster. Smoothe!

10 years old and still a cool car!
By filoux31 on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I dreamed about this car for years. One day, I decide to buy a used one (in fact, my purse decide)! And... I still love this car. Mine has 10 years old and 190,000 km but drive better than a lot of new ones, believe me ;) Just the A/C disappointed me (It's very fragile and cost a lot to repair) and the body near the wings... watch the rust! In general, the gas mileage is very good: Around 10L/100km.

Solid but quite Sluggish overall
By dieter maximillian on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I have owned this vehicle as second owner (bought 2 years used with 20,000km). Have only two complaints. Firstly when engine is hot (riding around for several hours in summer heat) car shakes in first gear... starts smoothly directly from 2nd at a red light with a little longer cluth action. Electrical should improve - lights out often. Funny I still like it.