1994 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Have Enjoyed This Car So Much
By 94southernbmw on 11/02/12 12:23 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

Bought this car at fully depreciated price in July 2012 and have been driving approximately 3 or 4 days a week for last 3 months. Had to put in a radiator which was leaking when I bought it ($475). Getting the top down and taking her out for a spin is well worth it though. Good on gas (having been a truck SUV driver). Has decent pick up. Car has 174k miles on it an idles as smooth as can be. Car has been properly maintained. It is a form of therapy and so much fun. If you are thinking of buying a convertible I happily recomment this one. Take it to a mechanic as they are old cars now.

1994 325i convertible is awesome!
By mjbocanegra on 03/28/11 06:52 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

Bought this liittle black gem for $2900.00. Drove it back to San Antonio from Austin and off the bat just loved the way it felt. I must admit, it is smaller than what I'd had which was the large 740il however my goal was to save on gas. It's a four seater but in reality your not really going to fit anyone but those between 8 and 10 years old comfortably and that is if the two in whe front are 5'9" max. The ride is nice and tight the manual five speed wants me to race through those gears and let me tell you that I've had on a few occassions where I've had to step on the pedal. It is fast for a six cyl !! I'm liking the 3 series due to the available parts and DIY.

Long Term Review
By Romie6466 on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

I loved this car from the first time I laid eyes on it. The styling is truly a classic and still looks gorgeous and modern and relevant. I have added a lot of items from Racing Dynamics aero package to 18" wheels Bilstein sport shocks and stage 3 suspension bushings when they needed to be replaced, at 210,000 miles, so it handles incredibly, and will turn on a dime with virtually no sway. With 226,000 miles, the engine is VERY strong, but then it has a Jim Conforti cold air intake and chip with an M3 exhaust. The car has been extremely reliable and has required surprisingly little maintenance. This is my 4th BMW and I don't want to imagine not driving a BMW for the rest of my life.

Ditto, find one, buy one, 1994 318 ic
By bowchickabow-wow on 09/03/10 09:24 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 2dr Convertible

What a pleasure -over 130K -looks great, drives great, easy to work on with parts that are easily available and low priced. Manual top-perfect choice-awesome vinyl seats that will last 4-ever-everything is fun here. you can find these for $2500-4900. Tires and oil changes both inexpensive. I have the 4 banger with at least 31 on the hwy (manual)with a/c at 77 mph. 4th soft-top- best looking. Just get one--and give her some love. Classic

Cross Country Drive
By GHdz on 06/12/10 22:09 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

I had been wanting a 325i Convertible 4 yrs, finally got it in excellent condition w only 81,000 miles!! Flew out 2 sunny LA, CA to pick it up, had it serviced - new plugs & a hose & I was off 'cross country fm Cali 2 CT - Thx God a smooth ride all d way. LA 2 Palm Springs, PS 2 Dallas, TX 2 Smokey Mts, NC, Smokey Mts 2 PA, PA 2 CT - 4 Days - Coast 2 Coast! Thx BMW 4 such an awesome sun tanning machine... (:-)BTW: D one I got looks just like d 1 in d picture above xcept Blk interior. Life was good, Now It's Great!

Best Auto Ever
By chuck on 07/06/09 09:16 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new. I can't believe it's 15 years old... still has power, fun to drive has never missed a beat and has 219000 miles on it... only had to change a water gasket and an instrument pod... still has original shocks exhaust head lights... have knocked out a couple of fog lights down thru the years... it gets 30+ mpg on the interstate... great fun... hate to think of trying to replace it... a truly great automobile.

Fun to Drive when it works.
By sean mann on 05/30/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

I bought the car and for 7,000 and have put about that much if not more into it in the 3 years I have owned it. I don't drive it hard but I have had to basically rebuild the engine. That was fun. The interior has completely fallen apart door panels won't stay on no matter what I do. It's super fun to drive and looks good on the outside but everything inside kinda blows.

Truly excellent car
By K Emerson on 05/05/09 00:54 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

After reading some reviews I decided I needed this car, and I have no regrets. I found a very clean 1 owner 2 door sport coupe with 120k miles. It still looks new in and out and has a kind of modern timeless look, it looks great sitting next to a newer model. Everything is still tight on this car, the gear box, engine and handling are amazing. The manual transmission makes driving fun all over again. With ABS, sport suspension package, performance with great fuel economy and safety features, it is a true bargain. I've owned this vehicle for 7 months now and have really put it through the paces, and it drives like a dream. (You won't go back to your funky Accord, trust me:)

Great Car, needs more power
By mwmiller85 on 10/04/08 14:23 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle on a "whim". I needed a car quickly and found this beautiful white 318i and for 1500 I couldn't refuse. Great car, very tight, great handling, love the manual transmission, and sunroof. Gas mileage is great, fill up once a week, however with current gas prices it's about 50 bucks to fill. My friends love the car, interior is PERFECT, however would have loved a bit more room. Overall great car for being 14 years old!!

Buy it if you find it
By fortheloveofbeamer on 07/08/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

This is my third 318i and I Iove them. This car is fun to drive and as well as dependable. This car gets great gas mileage and I usually only fill up once or twice a month. If you find one of these cars pick up. They are expensive to keep up, but as long as you take care of it, it will take care of you.