Used 1994 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

1994 bmw 325i dr 5speed
By Juan dan

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

For its category and year is and amazing car, as long is maintain right. If you cut corners on repairs parts material etc on the e36 models might as well throw it in the trash..and your experiance with the e36 is going to be poor and your review. The inerior in my is poor, typical for a car thus year but well maintain with over 200,000 miles and it runs and performs great. New clutch stage 2 performance, everything else stock rebuild vanos plus wear and tare maintnance. Exterior in good shape clean look burgandy ruby, tinted windows .. This car pave the way for all 3 series and other manufacturers have copy the ruby color, plus the black spoiler that covers tank is a standard rear look in most late models, so apreciate your bmw e36 and enjot it.☺

CHEAP!!
By Daniel Hippensteele

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

I bought my BMW for $700 Pre owned i did not run at the time all we did was put nes spark plugs in and it ran like brand new it gets very good Gas millage.

Best 3 Series ever made
By Fauzi Ummar

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

For a vehicle that was made in the 90's. It was way ahead of its time. The innovation and clever ideas incorporated in one machine was superb. And after 20 years, it still runs as if it was only running for several years. I love my 318i. I bought it from one owner when it had 140K. Now with 230K, i only had to change the rear bearings and upgraded the shocks. Not a bad cost for nearly 100K of driving. And it still running strong. Put it next to other cars on her age. You can tell a huge difference.

Have Enjoyed This Car So Much
By 94southernbmw

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

Bought this car at fully depreciated price in July 2012 and have been driving approximately 3 or 4 days a week for last 3 months. Had to put in a radiator which was leaking when I bought it ($475). Getting the top down and taking her out for a spin is well worth it though. Good on gas (having been a truck SUV driver). Has decent pick up. Car has 174k miles on it an idles as smooth as can be. Car has been properly maintained. It is a form of therapy and so much fun. If you are thinking of buying a convertible I happily recomment this one. Take it to a mechanic as they are old cars now.

Auto top, leather seats with warmers, 6 disc CD changer, 6 cylinder engine sound is awesome, heavy feel (built like tank), pretty roomy for convertible.

Based on car's history it sounds like these may have overheating problems as radiator ages. Stay on top of this and do not operate vehicle hot!

1994 325i convertible is awesome!
By mjbocanegra

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

Bought this liittle black gem for $2900.00.
Drove it back to San Antonio from Austin and off the bat just loved the way it felt.
I must admit, it is smaller than what I'd had which was the large 740il however my goal was to save on gas.

It's a four seater but in reality your not really going to fit anyone but those between 8 and 10 years old comfortably and that is if the two in whe front are 5'9" max.

The ride is nice and tight the manual five speed wants me to race through those gears and let me tell you that I've had on a few occassions where I've had to step on the pedal.
It is fast for a six cyl !!

I'm liking the 3 series due to the available parts and DIY.

The prestige of owning one of the best cars around is one of the features I enjoy. When they say the "Ulitmate Driving Machine" it's no joke. It really is. The price for the 1994 was perfect at $2900 with 150k miles on it. I'd say another 100k miles easy. The ride of a 325i is tight. The acceloration is on key for the engine size and it takes corners beautifully.

Improvements would include better material when it comes to door panels. Door panels on the e36 begin to come unglued. They say the BMW was made by engineers FOR Engineers and so true. The digital settings to distance, memo, timer and other functions is really too much work to mess with. Was with my 1997 740il and is for the 325i as well but it looks good! Over all they made a very good car. I love the back with tan enterior and in a year am going to buy me another BMW 740IL, black with tan so that I can have a luxury and sports car on my drive way!