1993 BMW 3 Series 2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great car, but costly repairs

1993 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

Great car, but costly repairs
By bimmerpilot on

1993 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

Got this fifth BMW used with 98k on it, had the obvious mechanical faults repaired but NOT the radiator, which I learned has an estimated life of 90k miles. Big, costly mistake! In spite of this, I rate this BMW second best out of five. If you maintain the car, it will give good service. Of all the 12 or so cars I have owned, BMWs have been the most satisfying to own & drive. I rate it above Mercedes for a driver's car; highway performance is great, handling can't be beat by any car that I can afford. It's not perfect, but what is? If you do the required maintenance ($$$) it won't let you down, plus it's great fun to drive. The 3 series is easy to park and has good performance and comfort.

Favorite Features

Road handling, 5 speed trans,layout of instrument panel, overall size, fuel economy, fold-down rear seats, on-board trip computer. Heater & A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior trim & asembly (glove box door trim panel fell off - poor glue job). All-metal radiator (plastic parts don't last). Better water pump. Only BMW short life battery will fit in trunk. Make sport seats available as a stand-alone option.