Built Proof
By Mattegel on
1993 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe
I just rebuilt the motor on my 1.8L after owning it for three years and preparing to turbo it (151k miles), when I tore it apart I found after all the abuse I put it through (Redline in every gear, everytime I drive it) the lower rod and main bearings were almost like new.... NOW THAT IS GERMAN ENGINEERING!!!! I have killed several American made vehicles with the abuse I put them through. But every German made vehicle I have owned has lasted. (Volkswagen, ,Audi)
Favorite Features
One word explains my favorite feature.... "RAILS" I have modified VW's til I was blue in the face and none has come close to the handling of this car in stock dressing. Now that I have a set of Bilstein mono shocks struts and bavarian sport springs at each corner...
Suggested Improvements
Being my own mechanic you would think after working on this car I would have some complaints, I do have one, EXPENSIVE PARTS!! Even as a repair shop getting a discounts, the parts still added up. With all the above said if you are looking for a performance vehicle, BMW is the one.