1993 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Old Girl Keeps Ticking
By Xman on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

I have owned 5 other cars since being able to drive and the 325is is undoubtedly the best vehicle I have owned. I currently have over 191,000 miles on the original engine and it performs better than most vehicles with less than a third of those miles.

10 Years and Still Enjoying It
By Jim K on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

This car gets better and better, even after 10 years. It seems as tight as the day I bought it; it handles as well; it continues to be a joy to drive every day. I have had more maintenance than I wish over 10 years (like now my trip computer does not work and my seat heaters are worthless)but some of this probably is due to a run in with a deer the first month I owned it (ugh!).

Built Proof
By Mattegel on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

I just rebuilt the motor on my 1.8L after owning it for three years and preparing to turbo it (151k miles), when I tore it apart I found after all the abuse I put it through (Redline in every gear, everytime I drive it) the lower rod and main bearings were almost like new.... NOW THAT IS GERMAN ENGINEERING!!!! I have killed several American made vehicles with the abuse I put them through. But every German made vehicle I have owned has lasted. (Volkswagen, ,Audi)

318 analysis
By David Bodiford on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

i have a 318is. it is old but with bmw that means nothing as long as it has been maintained correctly. i have been very pleased with how it handles in all weather. it drives sporty but with class.

A car for the rest of your life!
By scottie2 on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 8 years and it is by far the best car I have ever owned. Its black on black wth gray around the very bottom on the exterior which looks very good and you don't see on other cars and newer BMW's. The dash also is very cool with all the buttons for the auto A/C. The road feel in this car is like no other make of car I have ever driven. There are many other little extra's that when you get a BMW 325is and experience it you will understand why its such a great car and hard to let go have once you own one. The exterior styling is very classic and my car looks as good as anything out there and its almost ten years old.

BMW Rules
By Solomon on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

This car is just plain solid. I drive it in all conditions--yes snow too. Put some blizzaks on for winter and you'd think you had 4-wheel drive. Buy a used one to save the money and be in double heaven!

commuter surfmobile
By screech on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

Love this little car. 5speed gives it enough power to do whatever I need. Drive twisty narrow roads commuting 50 miles each way every day and couldn't be happier with this car. Back seat folds down and I can fit my 9 foot surfboard inside. Gets almost 30mpg which is nice with gas $2.30gal out here. Extremely reliable, but I do maintain it faithfully. Have E30 M3 and 325is too. For a everyday economical driver, this is the best....

High performance
By Wicked soundz on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

very reliable top of the line car. I race with this car on the highway and i never lost yet. sweet pick up. my bmw is hook up and runin nice!!!!!

93 Bimmer 318is
By CZEGO82 on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

I owned this vehicle for several months now and since i bought it, i have not had any problems with it. Car runs perfect and requires very little maintance. For a small 1.8L engine car has a lot of power. Presonally i would expect it to burn little less fuell but still its not too bad.

Simply the Best..
By JD's BMW on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

The only thing I can say is you do not know what you are missing until you drive one. They are fun to drive and you will enjoy every momment of the ride. They truely are the Ultimate drive machine.