1993 BMW 3 Series Sedan 2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1993 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

325i Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
BEST CAR
By R clark on 12/04/09 08:40 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

Car is approaching 250000 miles. I love the car little on the pricey side for repairs but I just can't get rid of the car still looks good and performs well.

Fun Forever
By Eric on 06/11/08 07:12 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

Bought it new. Now 15 years old, 120K on odometer, we'll make 200k easy, the ultimate keeper. Still looks great, inside and out. 20 mpg city - 29 mpg highway, low ratios keep T/E mileage down. Classic lines, never out of style. Lots of bolt-on go fast available. Any BMW over 5 years is a DIY car, dealer rates and parts will kill you.

1993 BMW
By elugo on 04/17/06 07:56 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle after an accident. I was hesitant because of the mileage and year of the car. I have had a pleasant surprise in that the car runs SO smoothly. If I did not know the year of the car, I could have sworn it was a late model car in the way that it runs. It is a smooth ride. It runs better than the late model Ford Focus that was rented to me.

My car saved me! ...and other stuff
By Lexie on 01/19/06 23:39 PM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I just recently got into a pretty major crash with my '93 325i and its because of that car that I walked away without a scratch (literally). The saftey features on the 325i are very good. The whole front of my car crumpled in to absorb the impact. The fireman and the tow truck driver both asserted that if it had been another car, I probably would have had to go to the hospital. Other than that- the car is a very fun car to drive, very strong (engine and body). Electronic and other features are very advanced for its year. The reliability is not too great, but if you have a steady income you should be fine (doesn't have to be big income). Overall great car. I wish to own another some day.

Just buy it
By Mike Feeney on 12/21/04 11:06 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I am from a Ford Family, and love American cars. I needed to replace my 5.0 Mustang preparing for a baby, and no Ford 4 door was available with rear drive, 6 cylinder and manual tranny. Acceleration is a little slower, but still entertaining. From every other standpoint, there is no comparison. I do SCCA autocross events, and this car is a serious performer. Handling is tight, predictable, and confidence inspiring. Ditto the brakes. The 10 year old chassis feels tighter than most new American cars I have recently driven. The chassis is so finely tuned, I have learned things about cars that I would have never learned otherwise, like +.5 deg rear camber turns understeer into oversteer.

102000 miles and still going strong
By Jojoman on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car (325i auto) used from a local independent BMW dealer. The car runs and accelerates smooth at all speeds. I have fixed most of the minor problems myself and get a lot of supports from the net. The engine can run up to 250,000 miles without rebuild. There are many sites selling parts for it. If you are a DIY guy, this car is definitely for you.

Hard to Replace
By gborana on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I stretched my finances when I bought this car and I've never regretted it for a second. I've got 190,000 miles on it to date -- many of them hard driven miles -- and I still look back to admire it after I've parked it. Yes, I have had more repairs than I'd like, most were things that can't help but wear out with such miles, but some are not, such as the mechanism that changes the air flow from floor heat to defrost. Also, I was in an "accordian" accident (front and rear end) about a year ago, and that lead to several problems with the passenger window. But the engine itself still purrs and operates beautifully.

Long Term Bimmer
By Eric Rohrbach on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

Bought it new. Been thru all the electronic crises, a little expensive, mostly annoying. But - the car is definately worth the trouble. Has always been totally reliable and a hoot to drive. Lousy in snow, but good winter tires in all four corners transforms it into an acceptable performer. Would buy it all over again....

1993 325i 4dr
By mark n on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

This car has been the absolute worst for quality that we've ever owned and the most expensive to repair. In the 10 yrs and 105,000 miles on the odometer here's a sample of some of the problems. Radiator replaced at 60k, transmission seals and clutch at 65K, drivers window fell out two times. Replaced window elevator. Passenger window fell out one time. Rear wheel bearings at 80k ($700). More problems that I won't list. A miserable winter car (Wisconsin) even with Blizzacks on all wheels and it has positraction.

10 Years and Still Enjoying It
By Jim K on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

This car gets better and better, even after 10 years. It seems as tight as the day I bought it; it handles as well; it continues to be a joy to drive every day. I have had more maintenance than I wish over 10 years (like now my trip computer does not work and my seat heaters are worthless)but some of this probably is due to a run in with a deer the first month I owned it (ugh!).