1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
318is
By pbs on 07/10/07 17:03 PM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

Excellent balance of performance and economy. A lot quicker than the numbers suggest - because of the 4.10 diff and close ratio gearbox, 3rd and 4th gear acceleration is very good. I also get an average of 30mpg (25 town, 35 motorway). Don't shoot me m3 boys, but the 318iS is the best handling e36 you can get; it comes with proper ///M suspension, but with a lot less weight up front and the whole engine is set behind the front axle, giving excellent turn-in and balance.

Lovin' It
By Amanda on 04/09/05 18:26 PM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

I have recently bought a 318is and I love it! The previous owner had taken very good care of it and it is now in almost perfect condition. I love that I can afford such an accommodating car and that I'm driving a BMW at 18 years old. I am a car lover and I will probably never sell this car because of how happy I am with it.

Bmw 3 Series
By Mojo2093 on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

Very reliable car with a nice exterior design and simple well thought out interior, but the plastic materials have broken down over the years. The performance of the engine is definitely lacking and the displacement should have been upped to a 2.0 with around 160 hp. The driving ability however is excellent along with the 4 wheel disc brakes. All in all the 318is is a very good car and quite sensible.

Built Proof
By Mattegel on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

I just rebuilt the motor on my 1.8L after owning it for three years and preparing to turbo it (151k miles), when I tore it apart I found after all the abuse I put it through (Redline in every gear, everytime I drive it) the lower rod and main bearings were almost like new.... NOW THAT IS GERMAN ENGINEERING!!!! I have killed several American made vehicles with the abuse I put them through. But every German made vehicle I have owned has lasted. (Volkswagen, ,Audi)

318 analysis
By David Bodiford on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

i have a 318is. it is old but with bmw that means nothing as long as it has been maintained correctly. i have been very pleased with how it handles in all weather. it drives sporty but with class.

commuter surfmobile
By screech on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

Love this little car. 5speed gives it enough power to do whatever I need. Drive twisty narrow roads commuting 50 miles each way every day and couldn't be happier with this car. Back seat folds down and I can fit my 9 foot surfboard inside. Gets almost 30mpg which is nice with gas $2.30gal out here. Extremely reliable, but I do maintain it faithfully. Have E30 M3 and 325is too. For a everyday economical driver, this is the best....

93 Bimmer 318is
By CZEGO82 on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

I owned this vehicle for several months now and since i bought it, i have not had any problems with it. Car runs perfect and requires very little maintance. For a small 1.8L engine car has a lot of power. Presonally i would expect it to burn little less fuell but still its not too bad.

Monica
By Monica on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

It's been a great car!