1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
318is
By pbs on 07/10/07 17:03 PM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

Excellent balance of performance and economy. A lot quicker than the numbers suggest - because of the 4.10 diff and close ratio gearbox, 3rd and 4th gear acceleration is very good. I also get an average of 30mpg (25 town, 35 motorway). Don't shoot me m3 boys, but the 318iS is the best handling e36 you can get; it comes with proper ///M suspension, but with a lot less weight up front and the whole engine is set behind the front axle, giving excellent turn-in and balance.

Great car, but costly repairs
By bimmerpilot on 01/07/07 06:31 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325is 2dr Coupe

Got this fifth BMW used with 98k on it, had the obvious mechanical faults repaired but NOT the radiator, which I learned has an estimated life of 90k miles. Big, costly mistake! In spite of this, I rate this BMW second best out of five. If you maintain the car, it will give good service. Of all the 12 or so cars I have owned, BMWs have been the most satisfying to own & drive. I rate it above Mercedes for a driver's car; highway performance is great, handling can't be beat by any car that I can afford. It's not perfect, but what is? If you do the required maintenance ($$$) it won't let you down, plus it's great fun to drive. The 3 series is easy to park and has good performance and comfort.

Great car!
By Bimmer on 07/29/05 20:46 PM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325is 2dr Coupe

Bought this car with high expectations and boy they were exceeded! I love this car, very quick acceleration, great handling, and still pretty comfortable. As long as you maintain BMW's they will treat you well.

Lovin' It
By Amanda on 04/09/05 18:26 PM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

I have recently bought a 318is and I love it! The previous owner had taken very good care of it and it is now in almost perfect condition. I love that I can afford such an accommodating car and that I'm driving a BMW at 18 years old. I am a car lover and I will probably never sell this car because of how happy I am with it.

Bmw 3 Series
By Mojo2093 on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

Very reliable car with a nice exterior design and simple well thought out interior, but the plastic materials have broken down over the years. The performance of the engine is definitely lacking and the displacement should have been upped to a 2.0 with around 160 hp. The driving ability however is excellent along with the 4 wheel disc brakes. All in all the 318is is a very good car and quite sensible.

BMW is the best.
By Sam Igna on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325is 2dr Coupe

Great looking, performaning, styling, handling car. BMW makes some of the best vehicles.

Old Girl Keeps Ticking
By Xman on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325is 2dr Coupe

I have owned 5 other cars since being able to drive and the 325is is undoubtedly the best vehicle I have owned. I currently have over 191,000 miles on the original engine and it performs better than most vehicles with less than a third of those miles.

Built Proof
By Mattegel on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

I just rebuilt the motor on my 1.8L after owning it for three years and preparing to turbo it (151k miles), when I tore it apart I found after all the abuse I put it through (Redline in every gear, everytime I drive it) the lower rod and main bearings were almost like new.... NOW THAT IS GERMAN ENGINEERING!!!! I have killed several American made vehicles with the abuse I put them through. But every German made vehicle I have owned has lasted. (Volkswagen, ,Audi)

318 analysis
By David Bodiford on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

i have a 318is. it is old but with bmw that means nothing as long as it has been maintained correctly. i have been very pleased with how it handles in all weather. it drives sporty but with class.

A car for the rest of your life!
By scottie2 on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325is 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 8 years and it is by far the best car I have ever owned. Its black on black wth gray around the very bottom on the exterior which looks very good and you don't see on other cars and newer BMW's. The dash also is very cool with all the buttons for the auto A/C. The road feel in this car is like no other make of car I have ever driven. There are many other little extra's that when you get a BMW 325is and experience it you will understand why its such a great car and hard to let go have once you own one. The exterior styling is very classic and my car looks as good as anything out there and its almost ten years old.