Used 1993 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
1993 BMW
By elugo

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle after an accident. I was hesitant because of the mileage and year of the car. I have had a pleasant surprise in that the car runs SO smoothly. If I did not know the year of the car, I could have sworn it was a late model car in the way that it runs. It is a smooth ride. It runs better than the late model Ford Focus that was rented to me.

BEST CAR
By R clark

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Car is approaching 250000 miles. I love the car little on the pricey side for repairs but I just can't get rid of the car still looks good and performs well.

Just buy it
By Mike Feeney

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I am from a Ford Family, and love American cars. I needed to replace my 5.0 Mustang preparing for a baby, and no Ford 4 door was available with rear drive, 6 cylinder and manual tranny. Acceleration is a little slower, but still entertaining. From every other standpoint, there is no comparison. I do SCCA autocross events, and this car is a serious performer. Handling is tight, predictable, and confidence inspiring. Ditto the brakes. The 10 year old chassis feels tighter than most new American cars I have recently driven. The chassis is so finely tuned, I have learned things about cars that I would have never learned otherwise, like +.5 deg rear camber turns understeer into oversteer.

Favorite Features

Performance, Int/Ext Styling and layout, engineering, Headlights. If you are on the fence debating purchase, just buy it. Get a pre purchase inspection done at a reputable independent BMW mechanic. It's worth the $100. Get a car with full maintenance history. Reliability good for last 3 years.

Suggested Improvements

People think you are a pretentious BMW owner. Short tail looks great, but makes trunk opening too small. Parts are expensive at the dealer, but if you are a do it yourselfer, there are tons of sources online that make parts cheaper than Ford. Excellent repair forum can be found at bimmerforums dot com

Fun Forever
By Eric

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Bought it new. Now 15 years old, 120K on odometer, we'll make 200k easy, the ultimate keeper. Still looks great, inside and out. 20 mpg city - 29 mpg highway, low ratios keep T/E mileage down. Classic lines, never out of style. Lots of bolt-on go fast available. Any BMW over 5 years is a DIY car, dealer rates and parts will kill you.

Favorite Features

Handles like a race car with sport shocks, springs and solid bushings aboard. Not blinding fast, but quick, and responsive over 3000 rpms. Interior layout is near perfect. Red beemers with loud pipes draw a race any old time.

Suggested Improvements

Seats, some parts are beyond pricy, typical german freaky electronics from time to time. Still worth the ride.

My car saved me! ...and other stuff
By Lexie

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I just recently got into a pretty major crash with my '93 325i and its because of that car that I walked away without a scratch (literally). The saftey features on the 325i are very good. The whole front of my car crumpled in to absorb the impact. The fireman and the tow truck driver both asserted that if it had been another car, I probably would have had to go to the hospital. Other than that- the car is a very fun car to drive, very strong (engine and body). Electronic and other features are very advanced for its year. The reliability is not too great, but if you have a steady income you should be fine (doesn't have to be big income). Overall great car. I wish to own another some day.

Favorite Features

8-way power seats Leather Seat Warmers Automatic driver window sunroof TRIP COMPUTER! (tells you anything you want to know! Temp, mpg...Even tells u if a brake light is out or something small like that) Looks, obviously Power Heavy feel of the car ventilation system Comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

Pretty bad reliability--but I think this has a lot to do with the fact that i didn't get the car checked out before I bought it.. so make sure to do that! Interior design is kind of outdated For '93- I don't really like the black plastic bumpers, but the newer years (maybe '94+) don't have this.