1993 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
BEST CAR
By R clark on 12/04/09 08:40 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Car is approaching 250000 miles. I love the car little on the pricey side for repairs but I just can't get rid of the car still looks good and performs well.

Fun Forever
By Eric on 06/11/08 07:12 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Bought it new. Now 15 years old, 120K on odometer, we'll make 200k easy, the ultimate keeper. Still looks great, inside and out. 20 mpg city - 29 mpg highway, low ratios keep T/E mileage down. Classic lines, never out of style. Lots of bolt-on go fast available. Any BMW over 5 years is a DIY car, dealer rates and parts will kill you.

318is
By pbs on 07/10/07 17:03 PM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

Excellent balance of performance and economy. A lot quicker than the numbers suggest - because of the 4.10 diff and close ratio gearbox, 3rd and 4th gear acceleration is very good. I also get an average of 30mpg (25 town, 35 motorway). Don't shoot me m3 boys, but the 318iS is the best handling e36 you can get; it comes with proper ///M suspension, but with a lot less weight up front and the whole engine is set behind the front axle, giving excellent turn-in and balance.

Great car, but costly repairs
By bimmerpilot on 01/07/07 06:31 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

Got this fifth BMW used with 98k on it, had the obvious mechanical faults repaired but NOT the radiator, which I learned has an estimated life of 90k miles. Big, costly mistake! In spite of this, I rate this BMW second best out of five. If you maintain the car, it will give good service. Of all the 12 or so cars I have owned, BMWs have been the most satisfying to own & drive. I rate it above Mercedes for a driver's car; highway performance is great, handling can't be beat by any car that I can afford. It's not perfect, but what is? If you do the required maintenance ($$$) it won't let you down, plus it's great fun to drive. The 3 series is easy to park and has good performance and comfort.

1993 BMW
By elugo on 04/17/06 07:56 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle after an accident. I was hesitant because of the mileage and year of the car. I have had a pleasant surprise in that the car runs SO smoothly. If I did not know the year of the car, I could have sworn it was a late model car in the way that it runs. It is a smooth ride. It runs better than the late model Ford Focus that was rented to me.

My car saved me! ...and other stuff
By Lexie on 01/19/06 23:39 PM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I just recently got into a pretty major crash with my '93 325i and its because of that car that I walked away without a scratch (literally). The saftey features on the 325i are very good. The whole front of my car crumpled in to absorb the impact. The fireman and the tow truck driver both asserted that if it had been another car, I probably would have had to go to the hospital. Other than that- the car is a very fun car to drive, very strong (engine and body). Electronic and other features are very advanced for its year. The reliability is not too great, but if you have a steady income you should be fine (doesn't have to be big income). Overall great car. I wish to own another some day.

Great car!
By Bimmer on 07/29/05 20:46 PM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

Bought this car with high expectations and boy they were exceeded! I love this car, very quick acceleration, great handling, and still pretty comfortable. As long as you maintain BMW's they will treat you well.

Lovin' It
By Amanda on 04/09/05 18:26 PM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

I have recently bought a 318is and I love it! The previous owner had taken very good care of it and it is now in almost perfect condition. I love that I can afford such an accommodating car and that I'm driving a BMW at 18 years old. I am a car lover and I will probably never sell this car because of how happy I am with it.

Just buy it
By Mike Feeney on 12/21/04 11:06 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I am from a Ford Family, and love American cars. I needed to replace my 5.0 Mustang preparing for a baby, and no Ford 4 door was available with rear drive, 6 cylinder and manual tranny. Acceleration is a little slower, but still entertaining. From every other standpoint, there is no comparison. I do SCCA autocross events, and this car is a serious performer. Handling is tight, predictable, and confidence inspiring. Ditto the brakes. The 10 year old chassis feels tighter than most new American cars I have recently driven. The chassis is so finely tuned, I have learned things about cars that I would have never learned otherwise, like +.5 deg rear camber turns understeer into oversteer.

Bmw 3 Series
By Mojo2093 on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

Very reliable car with a nice exterior design and simple well thought out interior, but the plastic materials have broken down over the years. The performance of the engine is definitely lacking and the displacement should have been upped to a 2.0 with around 160 hp. The driving ability however is excellent along with the 4 wheel disc brakes. All in all the 318is is a very good car and quite sensible.