1992 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Better than I thought!

1992 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

325i Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Better than I thought!
By xhype on

1992 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I had heard all about how BMW was a great drive but that the reliability and repairs were to be desired. Thankfully I have a friend who is great with cars and can help with the repairs and maintenance. Tons of aftermarket parts and actually easy to maintain if you can read a manual. This car is an amazing value now. I got mine for only $1500 with 125k miles. The body style is still current looking, but the prices have come down so much! If you are willing to look, get a little dirty once in a while, and read a service manual, this car is a great deal! Great power after 2500 rpm and ride handling is great!

Favorite Features

M50 engine is really fun. Adding an intake and exhaust system and it is really fast. The body style still looks good. Great size as you can fit into small parking spaces but still take a bunch of friends or carry a lot of stuff. Lots of aftermarket parts for just about everything!

Suggested Improvements

Needs cupholders and an armrest. Interior trim is failing and coming off all over, but at least there are parts to replace in the aftermarket.