1992 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews 3

1992 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
love it
By greg rn on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 BMW 3 Series 318i 2dr Convertible

great reliable not to fast great for a teen driver

Keeps on Going...
By JoggerDude on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

Owned car 8 years now. 190k miles. The car still looks and runs great. I've only spent $2,400 to maintain it (includes 3 sets of Michelin tires! Oil has been changed every 5K miles. Engine is still tight and very smooth. I've gotten 36 mpg on the highway. 4 cyl motor(140 HP) with a 5-spd is fine on power. I'm still using the original clutch. Handling and looks are what caused me to buy this car. My black 2 door is beautiful and rare! I'm curious to see how long this car will last. I have no plans to trade. It still looks good and is fun to drive. Very reliable.

Have enough cash for numerous repairs
By superjunkyard on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Owned this car new. Many problems popped up over the years. This car can drain the money in your pocket fast because of constant repairs that are very expensive. Repairs range from wiper motor, turn signal problems, radiator hose leakages to leaky transmission fluid pan, etc. Engine is decent, but not that powerful. The paints on the body is crappy.

E36 pride
By dblblkskier on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Best car my family or I have ever owned. It out handles, out accelerates, and has a higher top speed than any of our previous cars. The car has had only minor problems which I have been able to fix at home with VERY limited tools. We did a minor paint job on the side-skirts, and front and rear bumper covers to make them body color. With this small modification, it looks like a '98.

BMW 3 series a bust
By CABMW on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

There are so many things wrong.Don't know where to start.Plastic radiator lasts maybe 3 yrs at best.Always in the shop.Never buy BMW again!!!

Love this car
By John McAllister on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

The is one of the best vehicles I have owned - very cool for a four door sedan. The fun factor is high and the reliability is been very good. It's expensive to repair but that's fine as mine had very few problems.

German build quality
By Bozz on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for my brother in January from my manager. eversince we own this car, it has so many small accessories problem such as A/C holes leaks, gasket leaks, and now the heater holes is leaking. Althought, I really like the performance of the car but i just feel so annoy on fixing this small problems.

Ultimate Driving Machine
By Russ B. on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I would highly recommend this vehicle. It is built with great German design and is a must for sporty car lovers.

Hole in the wallet
By BisForBummer on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Worst designed BMW ever. From plastic radiator to plastic fins on the water pump blade to a computer that does not adequately drain when the car is taken to a car wash such that is floods and shorts out.

good value and style
By edl2 on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 BMW 3 Series 318i 2dr Convertible

Attractive car, fun to drive, 4 cyl has the power to accelerate and cruise along at freeway speeds - no problem. Easy on gas, solid car, fun to drive and attractive body style. Good value for the money.