Used 1992 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

For the right price it is a great car
By ChrisG1979

1992 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

When I found this car, I had been looking for two months. I paid the guy 4000 cash and he was asking 5000. To date I have to put about a 1000 into it, and probly will need to put another 500 soon. I have had a few problem with the car, one of which is that it has burned up 2 cat. converters, which gets expensive. If I was not able to do the repairs myself, I would not still have this car. I think it is a great car for the price and is so much fun to drive. I plan to buy BMW's for the for seealbe furtrue. These are great cars.

The power of the straight six and how tight it is in the turns.

The seat are really firm and I wish I had a arm rest. Yet they are sold in the aftermarket.

Fun value
By commuter123

1992 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for over 4 yrs now, originally purchased as a second vehicle for local driving, mix highway and city. My experience has been overall very positive - the car can be a lot of fun to drive, despite the higher mileage it performs well, sticks to the road and handles like a sports car. Since 92 was the first year of the new BMW body design, the car actually looks like a much later model. With routine maintenance I had no major repairs and the car has been very reliable. All this for just over $10k as initial investment.

Manual transmission, great suspension.

More cup holders.

Perfect sports sedan
By Skimmer

1992 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

Was, remains the first quintessential sports sedan. The unassailable benchmark. Superb in every performance and handling respect, except high speed sweepers. Lithe, tossable, and possible to drift & steer with a throttle, though its glue-like grip makes it necessary to speed to break away. Its flaws: a cheap looking interior much improved in later model years, and many flawed materials. Problems I have had in the first five years included a broken radiator tube; a leaky gas tank; a broken rear spring; a broken window lift; two leaky oil pan gaskets; inability to start due to plug fouling ; and, twice, loud exhaust due to total loss of muffler baffles.

Handling, weather band radio, perfect instrumentation and Getrag transmission, power, breaking, ride, solidity of body.

Better materials (see above).

Not quite what I though it would be
By chanandaler bong

1992 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

Great commuter...not quite the performance I thought it would be, really not much quicker than my old vw jetta, except that it handles the corners much much better. Fun on the off and on ramps!!!

handling....great seats.

better off the line performance...but hey, its a german car, built for the mountains.

92 325i
By trini

1992 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

Its truly the ultimate driving machine this car is not for laid back people if u want luxury go buy a lincoln ,If u truly want to live (bmw)

Handling and acceleration

more stable moulding and the taillights bulbs keep geting loose