Used 1992 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

1992 BMW 3 Series
By khnab2007

1992 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I bought my baby about 15 months ago and paid 4500 from the dealer for it. The car had 60,000 miles on it when I bought it and I thought I was getting this great deal, it was a BMW! I loaned the money from my aunt who loved the car until it started breaking down! So far I have replaced the fan 4 times in year, the water pump, the radiator twice, and several other things costing me a grand total of 10,000 for 92 that still overheats and has issues!! And the gas mileage is a killer the best I can get is 20mpg on highway! UGH!!! If only I could use unleaded gas maybe it'd be better!!

Power, this baby can get up and go when you want it to!!

Where are the cup holders?? Come on now i have power windows power seats but not a single cup holder?!! What is up with that?

Pure Excellence
By BeatenMutilatedWagon

1992 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

It has taken me a while to get around to writing this review but I believe it to be a necessity to one who wishes to buy a BMW. This car is quick, comfortable, always impressive, reliable. Worse things done to it were a fuel pump around $220 and a starter, which isn't bad for 5 owners and a severe kicking. I believe it capable to hold its own on the reliability scale in comparison to its Japanese counterparts around the same age & $$. Excellent car runs excellent every time. If it breaks, save yourself some $$ and fix it yourself! Or find a cheap mechanic.

Very impressive power for what it is! Very capable car with a 5 speed. You might be bored with an auto, though not a bad choice. Have driven this thing everywhere, under pressure as well. It takes it like a champ! Fairly easy to work on

Perhaps better quality control? This car IS reliable, though I guarantee it will have its own issues with this or that, especially if it's been through what mine has. It's a car like most, maintain it, and it will reward you like not many others can. Oh and if you get one, DO let it breathe!

Better than I thought!
By xhype

1992 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I had heard all about how BMW was a great drive but that the reliability and repairs were to be desired. Thankfully I have a friend who is great with cars and can help with the repairs and maintenance. Tons of aftermarket parts and actually easy to maintain if you can read a manual. This car is an amazing value now. I got mine for only $1500 with 125k miles. The body style is still current looking, but the prices have come down so much! If you are willing to look, get a little dirty once in a while, and read a service manual, this car is a great deal! Great power after 2500 rpm and ride handling is great!

M50 engine is really fun. Adding an intake and exhaust system and it is really fast. The body style still looks good. Great size as you can fit into small parking spaces but still take a bunch of friends or carry a lot of stuff. Lots of aftermarket parts for just about everything!

Needs cupholders and an armrest. Interior trim is failing and coming off all over, but at least there are parts to replace in the aftermarket.

Great, reliable car
By motor_werke

1992 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

With a 186k on the car, it still runs incredibly well. I use it as a daily driver and bring it to the autocross events. Very reliable, contrary to common belief. A blast to drive!

watch out for the factory defect.
By bimmer guru

1992 BMW 3 Series 318i 2dr Convertible

intereting little car with lots of features. not a really fast ride but okay for a slow weekend drive.

of course is the roof!

the "PROFILE GASKET" will blow and it is going to cause you over 2 thousands plus.