1991 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
It's an above average car
By Timmy T on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I got the car with 95k miles. It now has 110k on it. I have replaced the 1 of the 2 fuel pumps, the lower ball joint on the passenger side, and a new front passenger door. I hopped a curb and hit a tree in the winter, the front wheel was barely pushed back, so now the car drifts to the right. The ABS still works! :). It needs brakes, which im neglecting to do, regardless this car stops and turns on a dime. The engine however makes a funny "buzzing" noise which i havent had looked at yet. The oil smells gasy as well.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Nakoosa on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

Safe! My car is the replacement 318is for the one my bro. took 55mph+, head- on into a tree, in '91. He suffered only a split lower lip! Very, Very fun car 2 drive! Virtually no body lean, under/oversteer -- corners like on rails! Put 15" wheels w/Brdgstne Potenze 750's; amazing! Big sunroof. Great window controls. Looks So, so cool in black w/blacked windows and silver wheels. Turns heads and gets comments even @ the BMW delrshp!!! Bought from P's; a '91 w/81k orig. miles. ;) see one, drive one, buy one, love it, keep it! Fantastic car. Next car just might have to be a BMW . . .

320,000 miles and still Love It
By TTest on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I have put over 320k miles on my 318I with only normal maintenance.30+ MPG at 70-75 MPH.Very comfortable with large trunk. I still love my 90 mile daily roundtrip in my BMW.

What a great car!
By ltaylor on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 318is from a wonderful 1st owner who took incredible care of his car (all records etc). The car has 126K but runs like new - everything works great. I owned a 2002 Mini Cooper S last year and I swear this car is as quick and as nimble - plus it isn't broken constantly and you can hit a pot hole without cursing. I am dreading the repair bills but in the meantime I am enjoying driving this wonderful little car!

Great little Bimmer
By MD2575 on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

Bought new in '91. Fun car, has only 50K on it now and driven only in the Summer. Looks like new inside and out, engine clean as the day I picked it up. This car is well balanced and fun, but a bit underpowered.

best car I ever had
By HoustonianBMW on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at 140,000 miles almost five years ago. I now have 225,000 miles on it after daily commutes and a trip from Texas to NY. I have changed the fuel pump and a few rotted hoses, but this car is super reliable. I was hit from behind by an accord last summer, and while it crushed in the entire front end of their car, I just suffered a small dent, and a slightly crumpled exhaust. The car still drives great after the accident and even after the big flood in Houston which left me with water over my seats. If I ever replace it it will only be for another BMW!

A Fantastic Car
By BMW123456789 on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

This is one of the best examples of an introduction line. While the car it self may not have the power of the 325 it is an incredible joy to drive. The car handles like its on rails and it sings when the revs are high.

What a car!
By Modelengine1 on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I've had my 325I for over 6 months and have loved everything about it. It's a blast to drive, and it has more style than most newer cars on the road. Most people ask me if it's only a couple years old! I have had to replace a transmission sensor, but beyond that I have had no problems. BMW's are expensive to fix, but for the amount of performance, luxury, and pure enjoyment, they are well worth every penny spent.

Saved my life
By fanta on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

The first drive, I discovered the main problem: it seemed to run out of gas after travelling at a consistent speed of 105 Km/h for long periods. The car would begin to tremble and would eventually stall. Rev the engine to 4,000 Rpm and the problem would go away. Others: 1) slit in manifold hose caused -35C starting problems 2) antenna didn't retract fully 3) driver's window would often break a fuse. In May, 2003, a speeding drunk driver hit the car. My only words: Crumple zones work! My precious BMW was destroyed but I survived unscathed.

One Loveable Car!
By badsmurf on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for just over a year and I have loved it every day I drove it. Handles great and has a lot of power. It broke down once (new fuel pump) but has treated me well over all. I dont like being afraid to drive it hard because of the expensive repair stories I have heard, but I manage to have my fun occasionally. This car been good to me, but it sits for sale in my drive way due to lack of cargo space. A drum set doesnt fit in the trunk of this sweet car.