1991 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Nakoosa on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

Safe! My car is the replacement 318is for the one my bro. took 55mph+, head- on into a tree, in '91. He suffered only a split lower lip! Very, Very fun car 2 drive! Virtually no body lean, under/oversteer -- corners like on rails! Put 15" wheels w/Brdgstne Potenze 750's; amazing! Big sunroof. Great window controls. Looks So, so cool in black w/blacked windows and silver wheels. Turns heads and gets comments even @ the BMW delrshp!!! Bought from P's; a '91 w/81k orig. miles. ;) see one, drive one, buy one, love it, keep it! Fantastic car. Next car just might have to be a BMW . . .

What a great car!
By ltaylor on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 318is from a wonderful 1st owner who took incredible care of his car (all records etc). The car has 126K but runs like new - everything works great. I owned a 2002 Mini Cooper S last year and I swear this car is as quick and as nimble - plus it isn't broken constantly and you can hit a pot hole without cursing. I am dreading the repair bills but in the meantime I am enjoying driving this wonderful little car!

Great little Bimmer
By MD2575 on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

Bought new in '91. Fun car, has only 50K on it now and driven only in the Summer. Looks like new inside and out, engine clean as the day I picked it up. This car is well balanced and fun, but a bit underpowered.

One Loveable Car!
By badsmurf on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for just over a year and I have loved it every day I drove it. Handles great and has a lot of power. It broke down once (new fuel pump) but has treated me well over all. I dont like being afraid to drive it hard because of the expensive repair stories I have heard, but I manage to have my fun occasionally. This car been good to me, but it sits for sale in my drive way due to lack of cargo space. A drum set doesnt fit in the trunk of this sweet car.

Its a keeper
By fladoc on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1991 318is in 1991, as my first BMW. I enjoyed the performance, although my driving style is far from pushing a car. The BMW 318is attracted me because of the small size yet interior room and seating for four. The car is now 12 years old and still looks like new and runs great. I found a local German machanic who did all the service beyond what was covered by the warrenty.

A-1, for sure!
By Pt775 on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

This is a very nice car, no doubt about it. But sometimes I find my self lacking that extra boost of power when needing to switch lanes or merge, but I will put in a chip in 2 weeks. Don't get me wrong the car is fine as is, but I want that extra 35hp. Aside from that this car is all you need! This car is a VERY fun drive. I had a 1990 525i, and I still prefer this 318iS.

In Love With This Car
By bendaddyo on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

Why drive a used honda or toyota when you can drive a BMW.Paid $3500 for this car used, the paint job alone is worth that.This car looks great and drives great and at this point all the depreciation is done, will hold value.

318is - A definite YES!
By catseye on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

I am an autocrosser/Time Trialer who recently bought a 318is for street/event use. I LOVE IT!! It doesn't have the power of my wife's 325, but it is 200+ lbs. lighter, and feels more nimble and responsive to the touch. I think in most kinds of competitive events, the 318is will hold it's own against most others. A real thrill to drive!!