Used 1991 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

Amazing car
By Justin

1991 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

Bought mine a month ago with 178,000 miles on it. Other then missing a few trim pieces the car is perfect. After market performance suspension is the only thing that has been done.
I have owned some very fun cars in the past (2006 gto) and those cars are great in a straight line. But i have learned to appreciate corners with this little car. What the 1.8 ltr m42 lacks in off the line power it makes up for in high rpms and the ability to take corners at rediculous speeds. And still feel in control.

LOVE my Bimmer!
By Erin

1991 BMW 3 Series 318i 2dr Convertible

My first one was carried away by katrina. I loved it so much, I bought another just like it. It had 189k miles on it when I got it and now I've owned it for 4 years. Fuel mileage is around 30+ as long as ac is not running. Extremely fun to drive! I've only had to do maintenance on it (shocks, brake pads, etc). And of course new wheels and tires. I also had a turbine exhaust installed which made it quite a bit peppier and increased my gas mileage slightly. Now I have over 200k on it and am about to finally replace the timing chain, water pump, and fan clutch. Most expensive part was the top, which was around 2k installed. My new Acura sits in the driveway undriven. =)

Handling, Fuel mileage, Appearance (it's a looker!), Comfortable seats, Very high quality build, and just plain FUN!

Cup holders, install a sportier exhaust, front suspension, maybe later on add some more HP (gotta save up for that one!)

My New Baby
By stevo

1991 BMW 3 Series 318i 2dr Convertible

I just bought this car, and in doing so I have learned a hard life's lesson. Have you car inspected before buying. I have not received the bill on repairs yet, but my trusty mechanic is ringing up some numbers and I don't expect them to be cheap. I have to over haul the entire suspension front and rear and then replace the clutch and fix a crazy amount of leaks that began after the 3 hour drive home after purchasing plus many many more items. After all this though, I freaking LOVE this car and no amount of money will force me to part from the sexy style and classic feel. Even on bad suspension she drove like a dream. It's my first classic BMW and definitely wont be my last.

even on run down parts, handles like nothing. classic BMW styling. comfortable seating for long drives. Parts are everywhere for these cars.

cup holders.