Oldie but Goodie
By zoolander1 on
1990 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan
I recently bought a 1989 BMW 325i with 138k miles from its original owner. It's in perfect running condition and cosmetically it's near perfect if not immaculate. I changed the transmission and made it a 5 speed just for preferance but the 4 Speed automatic transmission was flawless. I get about 23.5 combined mpg with either transmission with mostly hwy driving. I have put 5500 miles and I trully love this car that I picked up for cheap.
Favorite Features
driving dynamics, overall feel and quality of materials. Ergonomics for a 25 year old car are ahead of its time as wheel as the tecnology througout the components. The alpina paint shows very little sign of oxydation and or rust. The interior is PERFECT and everything works.
Suggested Improvements
If you haven't driven one and are in the market for one, realize that these cars are 20+ years old and with that come different issues that you must consider: no airbags, no arm rests, no cup holders and limited passenger room. You must stay on top of maintenance in order to retain its value and its reliability. There is plenty of aftermarket/used parts available to keep your car on the road for years to come.