1990 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Oldie but Goodie

1990 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

325i Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Oldie but Goodie
By zoolander1 on

1990 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I recently bought a 1989 BMW 325i with 138k miles from its original owner. It's in perfect running condition and cosmetically it's near perfect if not immaculate. I changed the transmission and made it a 5 speed just for preferance but the 4 Speed automatic transmission was flawless. I get about 23.5 combined mpg with either transmission with mostly hwy driving. I have put 5500 miles and I trully love this car that I picked up for cheap.

driving dynamics, overall feel and quality of materials. Ergonomics for a 25 year old car are ahead of its time as wheel as the tecnology througout the components. The alpina paint shows very little sign of oxydation and or rust. The interior is PERFECT and everything works.

If you haven't driven one and are in the market for one, realize that these cars are 20+ years old and with that come different issues that you must consider: no airbags, no arm rests, no cup holders and limited passenger room. You must stay on top of maintenance in order to retain its value and its reliability. There is plenty of aftermarket/used parts available to keep your car on the road for years to come.
By zoolander1
on 10/17/15 12:34 PM (PDT)

Does anybody care for an update? 2 and a half years later I'm still driving this car. ZERO reliability issues. It has never left me stranded and I still love driving it. I foresee keeping this car for a very long time. I bought it for $3700 and have spent another close to $5k to tailor it to my taste with suspension, exhaust and body works. The cost per mile driven so far is excellent.