1990 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Excellent
By Zoomer on 12/12/04 11:28 AM (PST)

1990 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Coupe

This car has been an excellent vehicle. I have owned it for about 9 years now and I routinely dust most new cars. This car is an absolute rocket once you get into the power band which is in the 3500 rpm range. On the highway I get around 24-26mpg, but around town it is always at 20mpg. Considering the way the I drive, this is excellent. Handling is awesome! I point the nose and like a needle it threads its way through traffic. It is almost like you think about your next move and it obeys. Final thought..If you find one with low mileage...BUY IT!

THIS IS THE BEST BMW 3 SERIES!
By not available on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I really have a 1987 BMW, but the site does not go back that far. I bought it in late 1987 and I love it so much. I only have 37,770 miles on it...right now!!!!!!!!!! In 1999, I had only 13,000 miles on it, but I drove it more because I wanted more thrills. I love the engine. It is so great!!! 170 horsepower is a lot for a little hot car. I can smoke new Civics, Mazda 3's, and Accords. But, those cars are easy. They have Japanese. I have PURE GERMAN! I have not upgraded anything because it is hot as it is. I like the 4 door design and never let anyone eat or drink in it. I still have that leather smell in the car and it is still very strong!!!

Bimmer
By 325i coupe on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Coupe

Bought it used w/110K on it, have added 60K of my own with plans to keep it a long time. This car is a tank - solid construction. Keep it regularly maintained, shop around for a mechanic - prices swing wildly - and it will keep going and going.

Beamer
By GeorgiaStar on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I have owned this BMW since new. This car is built like a tank. She never gave me one bit of trouble. I still have her, she still looks brand new after a waxing.

A Classic!
By clouseau on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

This is my second E30. Very reliable if you keep up on suggested routine maintenance. Yes, they aren't perfect but their character will win you over. Very respectable performance and impressive craftmenship. These cars are built to last. You won't be sorry. BMW has impeccable standards and it shows.

still turns heads
By miker g on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

Not many NEW cars can compare to the feel of this car. The steering is so precise, the car is linear and stays that way even when you stomp on it in snow. Very comfortable driving position and all controls are right where they should be. Reliability & repairs have been a problem. Not sure if I would buy another bimmer for this reason.

best car for the money
By bmwflying on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

out handles out performs any japanese car under $20000 yes $20000 and i only paid 3000 leather seats full power 6 speaker stereo alarm on board computer anti theft radio code start 6 way adjustable recaro seats full size spare bult with quality and this in back in the 80's. Unlike the honda s2000 and thats a $30000 car and the funny thing is if you get a flat what do you do with the tire it wont fit in the trunk maybe put it in the rat skin leather passenger seat??? how many 20 year old japanese cars do you see driving in good condition with orignal motor and transmission 1 maybe 2 a day MAYBE.

...wow
By GolfGod325 on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

This was my first car and it was a great one. Everything was easier than expected to repair (ex. headlights, brakelights, etc.). I am definately going to keep buying BMW's forever.

sweet & sour
By johnmn on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

Love to drive this car. Hate to fix it.

BMW 321 Convertible - 1990
By n66wxm on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

I put 60 (interstate) miles per day.. Wonderful to drive.. Maintenance expensive. Lots of power & performance, biggest problem is staying within the speed limit.. Nothing is more eligant with the top down.. What a ride !!