Used 1990 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Oldie but Goodie
By zoolander1

1990 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I recently bought a 1989 BMW 325i with 138k miles from its original owner. It's in perfect running condition and cosmetically it's near perfect if not immaculate. I changed the transmission and made it a 5 speed just for preferance but the 4 Speed automatic transmission was flawless. I get about 23.5 combined mpg with either transmission with mostly hwy driving. I have put 5500 miles and I trully love this car that I picked up for cheap.

driving dynamics, overall feel and quality of materials. Ergonomics for a 25 year old car are ahead of its time as wheel as the tecnology througout the components. The alpina paint shows very little sign of oxydation and or rust. The interior is PERFECT and everything works.

If you haven't driven one and are in the market for one, realize that these cars are 20+ years old and with that come different issues that you must consider: no airbags, no arm rests, no cup holders and limited passenger room. You must stay on top of maintenance in order to retain its value and its reliability. There is plenty of aftermarket/used parts available to keep your car on the road for years to come.

My Fun Secret
By Hwy1Cruiser

1990 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car for $2500, with 180k miles on it so it needed some basic mechanical attention. Mostly tired parts, but nothing wrong with the engine at all. Being that I have access to parts at cost and I do all my own work, it may not be a fair assessment however I LOVE this car! For me the parts are cheap, the work is easy and as long as you take care of the wear items, it will run forever. OK maybe not forever but I recently turned 200,000 miles and I'm proud of it. I look forward to hitting the 250k mark. I will drive this car anywhere without worry. This weekend I am taking it to LA from San Francisco and expect it to be a sweet ride down Hwy 1!

The ride, engine, top of course, on board computer, styling. It's a Classic that still gets attention today. I chose this over an e36. It was made with all the right bits and bells before cars started getting out of hand post ODBII. I highly recommend to anyone who can take care of one.

Sport seats could be better, wear out over time and while leather is nice, vinyl is better for a convertible. The 91 and 92 had the updated bumpers and looked the best.

THIS IS THE BEST BMW 3 SERIES!
By not available

1990 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I really have a 1987 BMW, but the site does not go back that far. I bought it in late 1987 and I love it so much. I only have 37,770 miles on it...right now!!!!!!!!!! In 1999, I had only 13,000 miles on it, but I drove it more because I wanted more thrills. I love the engine. It is so great!!! 170 horsepower is a lot for a little hot car. I can smoke new Civics, Mazda 3's, and Accords. But, those cars are easy. They have Japanese. I have PURE GERMAN! I have not upgraded anything because it is hot as it is. I like the 4 door design and never let anyone eat or drink in it. I still have that leather smell in the car and it is still very strong!!!

Leather, Sunroof, LOVE THE ENGINE AND EXHAUST NOTE

NONE

Beamer
By GeorgiaStar

1990 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

I have owned this BMW since new. This car is built like a tank. She never gave me one bit of trouble. I still have her, she still looks brand new after a waxing.

Strong car that when taken care of, can last forever, if you want it to.

Add Cup Holders

sweet & sour
By johnmn

1990 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan

Love to drive this car. Hate to fix it.