Used 1990 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

E30 vs Porsche 944
By Killer E30

1990 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Coupe

I have owned 11 cars in the past 10 years from VW Jetta, to Audi v8 quattro and Porsche 944, the 2 best being the Porsche 944 and 86 BMW 325e I have now. Only reason I liked the Porsche better is that there was no understeer during harsh cornering, the BMW 325e kinda feels like my '92 Subaru Legacy when pushed in corners but not as much understeer however very refined and still a great alternative to many new performance cars made today with an E36 M3 engine swap it should be even more devastating this car is still better in other ways than the 944 like reliability. With racing dynamics tower brace, bilstein shocks and H&R springs it helps me keep up with a Cayman S on twisties literally.

Favorite Features

I love the old school styling, smooth and sufficient torque, the '86 325e for economy is not a slouch when mated with Jim Comforti chip, K&N cone filter intake and of course ME. I love the smooth but yet quick and precise steering response it has with the upgraded suspension components.

Suggested Improvements

Production of this gem has passed but bmw should have given it a turbo like the 2008 135 for easier power increase regardless of it outperforming the M3 which it can anyway with available powergrades and its 2.7L engine vs the M3 2.3L with the same 170 ft.lb. torque available at higher revs.

Excellent
By Zoomer

1990 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Coupe

This car has been an excellent vehicle. I have owned it for about 9 years now and I routinely dust most new cars. This car is an absolute rocket once you get into the power band which is in the 3500 rpm range. On the highway I get around 24-26mpg, but around town it is always at 20mpg. Considering the way the I drive, this is excellent. Handling is awesome! I point the nose and like a needle it threads its way through traffic. It is almost like you think about your next move and it obeys. Final thought..If you find one with low mileage...BUY IT!

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Air Conditioning

Bimmer
By 325i coupe

1990 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Coupe

Bought it used w/110K on it, have added 60K of my own with plans to keep it a long time. This car is a tank - solid construction. Keep it regularly maintained, shop around for a mechanic - prices swing wildly - and it will keep going and going.

Favorite Features

trustworthy. solidity. lovely and sensible styling - the last of the angular cars from bmw. fun driving. big aftermarket accessory selection so you can customize suspension, exhaust, chips, etc if you want.

Suggested Improvements

electrical is the weakest link - my particular car doesn't seem to like moisture in the air - the sensor lights will falsely light up if it's damp out.

My Awesome Car!
By nikad_gm

1990 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Coupe

Man, i just got this car...a white 325i coupe...and i love it...its so smooth you cant feel the ground going 80...its amazing...i can hit turns very hard because it handles like no other...the interior is very comfortable, even better than the new bmw's...i believe they cheapened them out...overall the look is great you can do many things with this style of car..adding ground kits and such...making it more advanced...my spedometer hits 160 but it will top out at 175

Favorite Features

the handling,speed,elegance,interior,exterior,and system for it...overall i love the whole car

Suggested Improvements

the dash lights show a orange light which is cool but other than the standard car companies green light setup...it is more difficult to see...but still very visible