Used 2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback

View reviews for a specific 3 Series Gran Turismo model:

Absolutely Love This Car
By jmnteddy

2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback 328i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is the first BMW I've owned and hope it won't be my last. I drove Toyota's for the last 27 years and traded in a Highlander for this car, wish I had done it sooner. So glad to be back in a sedan and it meets all of my criteria: good looks,smooth ride, plenty of room for passengers and cargo,sunroof,AWD, great MPG and just plain fun to drive. I love how it hugs the road and was glad to see the other positive reviews regarding this vehicle. If you read the blogs so many people put down the looks of this vehicle but I think it looks great. I'm hoping this car will be as reliable as all of the Toyota's that I've owned over the years. I'm really enjoying and loving this car! Update July 1, 2016, I've now owned this car for one year and still loving it. Everyone that has been in the vehicle commented how roomy and nice the ride is including back seat passengers. I wondered if I'd miss the room that I had in my Highlander but I don't, I can fold down the back seats and I was able to haul a full size lazy boy recliner in the back. I also do lots of gardening and I've hauled plants, soil and mulch. I've got a great liner in the back and I also keep a shower curtain folded up when I need to spread it out to haul such things. I still get great gas mileage and my vehicle is still under warranty so I've not had to pay for any maintenance. I get between 33 to 35 mpg on a trip and combined driving about 26 mpg. I love the navigation and the ability to just talk to my vehicle to make a phone call or tell it I want a new destination. I'm still figuring out all the bells and whistles on this car. I bought this vehicle used and when the time comes I'll probably do the same find a good used one with low mileage and a warranty. No plans to trade this vehicle any time soon, will probably purchase the extended warranty. Love, love, love this vehicle.

Sports car for families
By livesmile

2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback 335i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

It may be difficult to think of a better *sports* car that can carry four people in comfort. This is as much a sports car as typical driving situations allows nowadays. In my view, to enjoy any more sportiness you need to go to the tracks, so it is a moot point for me to demand additional driving dynamics when I can't use them 95% of the time. The 335i GT is perfect blend of power, handling, and comfort. It looks great from most angles except may be a couple of side ones. The iDrive system is flawless. The only thing that could improve it in my view would be gesture recognition, which BMW is already working on. The sport mode is awesome and makes me forget that it is a GT and not a 3sedan.

HUD. Browsing music in HUD. Navigation in HUD. Integration with Google (Send to car and online search features). Adaptive cruise (stop and go is awesome, no need to use feet at all). Start and stop (yes I use it all the time-- works without vibrations, jerks etc. and is very quick, and also work automatically with adaptive cruise automatically). Panoramic roof. Space in the trunk. And kick-action for opening the trun.

Lane keeping assist. Front camera to give a 360 degree surround view. Temperature sync for dual zones. Control of rear air-flow from front (needed for those with families). Mirroring of smart phone screen to screen.

Great Functional Car
By iserum

It is a functional Car, replaced a X3 with this vehicle, this is by no means or close to a 3 series drive, 3 series owner will be disappointed with this car, in my opinion BMW should have not named it in 3 series, we got this cars for leg room in back and good storage in trunk and to keep the car feel of drive, it is better than SUV with low CG, hence low chance of roll over as compared to SUV, this is our 6 or 7th BMW so most of the cabin amenities or lack of it we are familiar with, the car does not drive like 3 series at all, it is softer ride even with M sports package.
i rate it higher for its practicality for my family.

HUD Navigation is the best i have used so far. Panoramic Roof, just like X3 very nice. Huge Trunk space.

HUD do not work with polarized sunglasses. Noisy cabin as compared to X3 and 328xi, don't know may be because of Pano roof. or 18 inch Sports wheels.

Ideal and Realistic Bimmer
By sojod

I went from a Honda Ridgeline RTL to an Acura MDX SH-AWD with tech package to this, the quintessential family car. The 335i xdrive GT drives like a sports car, carries passengers like a family car and can be loaded up for 80% of the transportation tasks that most "city folk (including surbubia)" need. It's amazing!

The fact that the American version comes standard AWD. The space in the rear seats. The foldability of the rear seats to allow for more cargo space and the hidden storage under the cargo.

General for all BMWs; some features shouldn't be optional, period. If Honda can offer rearview cameras as a standard feature, I don't see why BMW can't. Why isn't there a sunglass holder? I'm shocked. The armrest compartment can be more spacious; yes I know it's still a 3 series, but it's a 3 series on steroids and contains enough room to allow for that.

I'm loving this car
By greggbrent

I'm coming from a 328i Convertible which was fun but no so much in winter (live in NJ). It looked great but not too practical. Hard to get an adult in back seat and no trunk space. Was a drag driving on these terrible roads in and around NYC. The car was a VERY rough ride.

So went for something completely different with Gran Turismo 335xi, loaded up and what a difference! Much smoother ride (missed the old steering though) and like slightly higher seat position. The back seat is like a mini stretch and adults fit VERY comfortably. Tech on it is great and it's FAST.

Not sure why some think its so fugly. Most everyone who has seen it has LOVED the look. Not perfect but LOVING IT

Space, hatchback, speed, smoother ride, tech features, handling,

I don't agree with various versions of driver assist packages. Rearview Camera should be STANDARD like almost every other car. All the safety features (blind spot warning, park distance control, etc) should be all under One Package. The seat seam is a bit uncomfortable for me for some reason as it hits my butt and feels like I'd been riding a sport bike after awhile. Hopefully that will just break itself in. The BMW apps and Iphone integration should be seamless and up to date with current iphone systems.