2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series Gran Turismo model:
Best car I've ever bought.
By maugha on 05/21/14 13:15 PM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo 328i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've read professional reviews that say this car is extremely ugly and I have to disagree. It's exterior design looks both class and sporty at the same time. Back seat leg space was important as I have four college age children. This has as much room as the 7 series. I needed cargo space as I transport kids to/from their schools with all their dorm needs. There is plenty of room for all their stuff. In addition, I am disabled and love how easy it is to close the hatch and pull down the back seats for additional cargo space. I had a 2007 525i with an inline six-cylinder engine. I now have the four cylinder and it has more power than my 525i, making is amazingly fun to drive.

Hits and some misses
By smoothwhite on 05/06/14 06:24 AM (PDT)

I live intown in a big city with 2 little kids. Was looking for a small sedan after I dumped the 2008 X5, since the wife just got a Subaru Outback. Was leaning towards getting a 3 Series when I came across the GT. Little known fact: The GT was a best seller chassis for the upscale china market for people who wanted to be chauffeured around. This need gives the GT 3-4 inches longer wheelbase than the standard sedan. Hence, the backseat is the size of a 5 series. Absolutely huge. Great for a family. Only issues I have had: 1-Sunroof broke after 3 weeks. Software fix. 2-Backup sensor broke-Replaced 3-Steering wheel off center Other than those (I leased so I don't care!)

335 GT xdrive -- Love it.
By skukta on 04/11/14 09:50 AM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo 335i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

If you could just have one car, this would be the one to have. It's terrifically fast, fun to drive, comfortable, incredibly spacious (we can fit two bikes, luggage and three people inside this car), gets reasonably good gas mileage (about 23mpg, mixed use) and looks great to my eye.

BMW with room and fun
By windyman on 03/16/14 18:28 PM (PDT)

I wanted to replace a Saab 9-5 wagon. The 3 series wagon did not really have the room for me. The X1 and X3 didn't appeal to me. So I was going to get a sedan, and keep the wagon as a station car and junk hauler. My wife and I went to the dealer to buy the sedan and found the 238i GT. We never looked back. No, it is not quite as sharp as the sedan, but I have a convertible for that. It has tons of room, accelerates and handles well, especially in sport of sport plus modes. Bring it down to comfort or eco-pro when just humming along the highway. You can still drop a couple of gears quickly with the paddle shifters. No second thoughts

Meets a Lot of Needs
By carolinabmer on 03/11/14 10:24 AM (PDT)

I had a demanding set of criteria for this car. I'm mid-50's, single, no kids at home. I enjoyed having multiple cars for my different moods and purposes - a 740iL for traveling, a Subaru Forester for bad weather and hauling, and two C6 Corvettes for pure, unadulterated fun. I also wanted to get better fuel economy than my old vehicles (harder than you might think as my V-8 vehicles all got 26 - 30 MPG Hwy, Subaru rarely >20). I wanted to get as much of these into one car as possible. Mission accomplished in the 335i Xdrive Gran Tourissimo.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo in VA is:

$163 per month*