2013 BMW 1 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews

2013 BMW 1 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
DCT was not made for city traffic
By bxsvx01 on 02/02/15 12:26 PM (PST)

2013 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased this 135i in 2013. My first new BMW. I am a big time auto enthusiast and had to jump on the 135i before the electric steering came in. The 135i has been pretty reliable but there are a few issues that are worth noting, such as dash and suspension squeaks. The car drinks gas, I avg about 13mpg on NYC roads. Also the DCT has a horrible lag on initial take off, I took it to the dealer for a software update and it helped but still not satisfactory to me. The only benefit I have seen with the DCT is the lightning quick shifts which is only great at high speeds. If you won't track the car often, I suggest the regular auto over the DCT.

Fair Car Needs Modification to Be Good
By rudycassap on 07/21/14 09:24 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i SULEV 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After coming out of a Scion FR-S, I felt the suspension in the 128i M Sport to still be too soft and sloppy (lots of roll and bounce). Car improved with a Dinan Stage 1 suspension (Konis and shorter springs). Then ditched the Goodyear Eagel Run on Flat tires for Bridgestone Potenza S-04 summer tires and now it is comfortable, sporty, and actually quieter in the cabin. Car has adequate power but could use a little more horsepower for freeway passing - I guess they could not step all over the 135i. Best part is the silky smooth Inline 6 cylinder engine without the turbo issues that plague many BMWs. Cabin and trunk are a little small, but enthusiasts actually love this chassis more than M3.

Last of N/A Inline Sixes
By 71boattail on 02/21/14 10:23 AM (PST)

2013 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i SULEV 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After test driving many coupes in the $30-$40K range, I drove the 128i on a whim thinking I would check it off the list and move on. After driving it however, I pulled out the checkbook. There are cars with more power and better styling, but I couldn't find any that had the combination of performance, handling and quality for the money.