2013 BMW 1 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
This is my favorite car
By socalh2oskier on 05/30/14 12:34 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 1 Series Convertible 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Best car I've ever owned. I have had Corvettes, Jags, Benzes and a multitude of others, but by far my favorite is the 135i convertible. It is a fun, peppy car that strikes an almost perfect balance between ride/handling--and this is with the sport package. Mine has the DCT transmission--it works flawlessly and is so intuitive I rarely use the manual function. Handling is superb. The ride is a bit rough with the OE run-flats. I swapped mine out for non-run-flat Michelins right away--the ride is much improved. IMO, BMW should do away with OE run-flats. They are horrible.

Incredible Little Car
By socalh2oskier on 03/23/14 22:14 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 1 Series Convertible 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This 135i convertible with M Sport package is one of the most---no, make that THE MOST FUN--car I have ever owned, and I have owned many, including Jaguars, Corvettes, and Porsches, to name a few. Fantastic engine pulls strong from a dead stop to 7k rpms. DCT transmission is a blast. Handling is sharp. This thing scoots around like a Miata on steroids. The only thing I dislike about this car are the run-flat tires, which I switched out after one week for some non-run-flat Michelins--this immediately improved the ride tremendously. I think this may be the best car BMW makes.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 BMW 1 Series Convertible in VA is:

$172 per month*