2013 BMW 1 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
Incredible Little Car
By socalh2oskier on 03/23/14 22:14 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 1 Series Convertible 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This 135i convertible with M Sport package is one of the most---no, make that THE MOST FUN--car I have ever owned, and I have owned many, including Jaguars, Corvettes, and Porsches, to name a few. Fantastic engine pulls strong from a dead stop to 7k rpms. DCT transmission is a blast. Handling is sharp. This thing scoots around like a Miata on steroids. The only thing I dislike about this car are the run-flat tires, which I switched out after one week for some non-run-flat Michelins--this immediately improved the ride tremendously. I think this may be the best car BMW makes.

Traded a Z4 for a 128i Convertible
By danwatson on 10/19/13 18:15 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 1 Series Convertible 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 2003 Z4 ten years ago and thoroughly enjoyed driving it for 55,000 miles. At the age of 52, it was a great purchase. At 62, with bad knees, and 6'3", it became more difficult to get in and out of. And, being a roadster with a small trunk, it wasn't good for more than a quick overnight trip. So, we traded it on a '13 128i convertible and so far, it's a wise decision. Had to special order it since I wanted a manual transmission and was willing to pay only for the options I wanted. Only 1000 miles so far, so it's too soon to determine reliability. The fit and finish is typical BMW qaulity and the engine and transmission are smooth.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.