2013 BMW 1 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews

2013 BMW 1 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
Excellent car - mixed bag transmission
By kjgood on 01/03/15 08:44 AM (PST)

2013 BMW 1 Series Convertible 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second 135i convertible, and I have over 20k on this car at the time of this review. I was somewhat reluctant to order it with the then-new-to-the-135 7-speed dual-clutch transmission instead of the manual, but I was persuaded by the thought of the lightning-fast shifts and the advantage of being able to select between auto and manual modes. The reality is that in manual mode, and even auto mode for fast acceleration, the transmission is brilliant. But in stop-start, mundane "through the neighborhood" use (where you just want to leave it in auto-mode), the transmission is hesitant, clunky and confused. In other words, where you most want it to be an automatic, it is wanting.

This is my favorite car
By socalh2oskier on 05/30/14 12:34 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 1 Series Convertible 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Best car I've ever owned. I have had Corvettes, Jags, Benzes and a multitude of others, but by far my favorite is the 135i convertible. It is a fun, peppy car that strikes an almost perfect balance between ride/handling--and this is with the sport package. Mine has the DCT transmission--it works flawlessly and is so intuitive I rarely use the manual function. Handling is superb. The ride is a bit rough with the OE run-flats. I swapped mine out for non-run-flat Michelins right away--the ride is much improved. IMO, BMW should do away with OE run-flats. They are horrible.

Incredible Little Car
By socalh2oskier on 03/23/14 22:14 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 1 Series Convertible 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This 135i convertible with M Sport package is one of the most---no, make that THE MOST FUN--car I have ever owned, and I have owned many, including Jaguars, Corvettes, and Porsches, to name a few. Fantastic engine pulls strong from a dead stop to 7k rpms. DCT transmission is a blast. Handling is sharp. This thing scoots around like a Miata on steroids. The only thing I dislike about this car are the run-flat tires, which I switched out after one week for some non-run-flat Michelins--this immediately improved the ride tremendously. I think this may be the best car BMW makes.

Traded a Z4 for a 128i Convertible
By danwatson on 10/19/13 18:15 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 1 Series Convertible 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 2003 Z4 ten years ago and thoroughly enjoyed driving it for 55,000 miles. At the age of 52, it was a great purchase. At 62, with bad knees, and 6'3", it became more difficult to get in and out of. And, being a roadster with a small trunk, it wasn't good for more than a quick overnight trip. So, we traded it on a '13 128i convertible and so far, it's a wise decision. Had to special order it since I wanted a manual transmission and was willing to pay only for the options I wanted. Only 1000 miles so far, so it's too soon to determine reliability. The fit and finish is typical BMW qaulity and the engine and transmission are smooth.