2012 BMW 1 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
Makes Driving an Experience
By bg1024 on 04/28/12 08:56 AM (PDT)

2012 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased a 2012 model 135i that is my fourth BMW, and by far the most fun to drive. Performance is a given with the Turbo engine, and the road "feel" makes for an enjoyable experience every time. There's something about knowing you can do what you want to do when you want it, particularly when someone passes you then settles in right in front of you, that gives a wonderful feel of confidence. It's one of those things that will only get better with age, sorta like it's owner!

My first BMW 128i
By ksford on 12/29/11 08:40 AM (PST)

2012 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW 128i Coupe is a great purchase decision. It is FUN, responsive, comfortable, easy to operate, & has good driver visibilty. I bought the 128i after months of research and test driving other competitors like Audi, Mercedes, etc. I was looking for a personal "driving experience" for my comutes to work and one that allowed me to enjoy high quality workmanship that only cars of that class can consistently produce. The 128i is purely BMW! Recommend the Sports Package (sport seats are very nice), BMW IDrive, Premium & Convenience packages at a minumum (elevates the BMW driving experience). Pricey, maybe... but it's a BMW. Besides, who buys a BMW to save money?

value
By point1 on 11/16/11 17:46 PM (PST)

2012 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Finding this car with a minimum of dealer added extras is difficult and may entail European delivery. Nonetheless, I was in a market that allowed me to shop amongst dealers. I drove a number of coupes and sports cars and failed to find a car that met this one's road handling, acceleration and overall value. The engine's quiet purr and the solid feel one gets from the steering wheel needs to be experienced and balanced against the competition at this price.

A great choice!
By ronssito on 09/17/11 22:48 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove 17 vehicles ... The only car with superior handling was the Cayman at 2x price. The heavy steering feel (a good thing), gives the car a planted, solid, one with the road feeling that is more livable than the razor, go cart Cayman. The exterior/ interior styling white over red is simply the best looking car out there. The 3 series is simply too big and bigger IS NOT better. $31K

BMW 135i is Fantastic
By bmw_driver_ on 07/03/11 15:16 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been incredibly pleased with my 2012 135i since getting it three weeks ago. It is powerful,responsive and a lot of fun to drive. The 7 speed double clutch transmission is fast and smooth. I was a bit sceptical at first, as I am used to using a standard manual transmission with a manual clutch, but I am a convert now. I could never shift as smoothly or as fast as I can with the automated double clutch system. I got the navigation system, which comes with iDrive. It is very intuitive and works very well. It is very easy to change map views or enter destinations. The voice activation sis a bit iffy while driving with air conditioning on, frequently misunderstanding commands.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 BMW 1 Series Coupe in NJ is:

$257 per month*