2011 BMW 1 Series Consumer Review: Put together with tape and sup

2011 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Review

Put together with tape and super glue
By woodthrush on

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car brand new in October 2011 from a dealership in Richmond. My assumption was the BMW brand meant that even though it is an entry level series, the car would be quality. I was wrong. It's not even 2 years old and is falling apart. So far, my driver side window broke because it randomly had debris in it, the tail light has fallen off twice, the passenger seat panel ripped off when a friend tried to move the seat back and the lights on the radio fade in the heat. I am very careful with this car, rarely have passengers, ALWAYS hand wash/wax it myself and yet it has all these problems. My next car will be a Honda before the warranty ends on this one.

When things aren't falling off the outside of the car, it looks beautiful. Features are limited on my model other than a sunroof and iPod hookup which I enjoy.

Poor production standards on cosmetic items for this car should be evaluated for the next model.