First BMW
By Mcon18 on
2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
Have owned the car 2 weeks, no major complaints. It is very quiet with the top up, except for the nice sound of the engine, which sounds even nicer with the top down. I thought the cheap added cup holder would be annoying since the navigation buttons take away one of the real cup holders, but it really isn't bad. There is a pretty big blind spot behind the rear side window, but I guess it's just something to get used to. Happy with the gas mileage too, averaging 24 so far. Overall the car is very fun to drive, my only worries are with the run flat tires, and the fact that the top had to be "re- programed" since I kept getting an alert that the "hydraulics overheated".
Favorite Features
Exhaust sound, performance, styling, fun to drive factor, and surprisingly ample trunk, which you won't find in a hard top convertible.
Suggested Improvements
Just being picky, but make the rear windows a little larger, a spare tire would be nice, and rework the cup holders a little so the additional one doesn't get busted off by a passenger's knees when they get in the car.