2011 BMW 1 Series Consumer Review: Exactly what I have been looki

2011 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Review

2011 BMW 1 Series

Exactly what I have been looking for!
By bwschubert on

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been searching for a RWD convertible with a manual transmission for some time now and while test driving all the usual suspects in the same price range (new and used) my 128i was the obvious choice. I wouldn't mind a 135 for the significantly increased grunt, but there was no such car available- either new and too expensive or used and too old and out of warranty. Nevertheless the linearity of the naturally aspirated I-6 makes running up to the 7000rpm redline a pleasure, especially with the top down. While true value is debatable (I don't know if I could ever justify the full sticker price of a new one) the build quality, ergonomics and all around driving experience is worth it to me

Smooth engine, a pleasurable manual transmission, great interior quality and design, amazing seat adjustments and comfort level, great HK sound system and nuclear powered heated seats.

The all orange dashboard lighting does not scream luxury. In a couple years I would look forward to checking out a 328 that has the new turbo charged I-4 to help close the grunt gap between that and the 335.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review